Match Thread: Harrogate Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

Another wait to find 2 teams with enough players to play a game of football, a visit to Harrogate at this time of year would normally be concerned with snow forecasts or new signings.  A keen fought game could be expected, but player availability a massive factor in the outcome, all eyes on DC on how he meets the challenge should the game be played

Advert:

Advert:

I think this game will be off .

Every other game over Xmas as being off so let's start New year with yet another OFF .

Getting tedious now what next playing behind closed doors we going have to live with this virus I'm.vaccinated fully I've done my bit whether it will make any difference who knows but  as long as folk are unvaccinated the virus will remain in the country for a long time as those folk are rightly or wrongly in there own cases not having it done for there own reasons however if they do not have the vaccines then we will be just taking one step forwards 2 steps back every time and society will remain like this for a very long time  

Get Vaccinated and maybe the Vale will play again and folk will be able go .

Life has to go on now too many peoples livelihoods depend on it .

When was the last time we played at home November wasn't it how can a club survive with no income coming in .

Get back out and there and get  playing also how can the local establishments survive with very few folk coming into Burslem .

It's all a bit naff for the local community   

Yes it's helped get injured players back but maybe cause more injuries as season goes on with congested fixtures .

When will we all get see games again very tiresome this 

UTV 

Edited by Breadwinner
  • Like 1

Advert:

Advert:

12 minutes ago, LancyTony said:

Do you really think they call them off  just to piss off the fans?

The way they do it, and the excesive reason why, is two fingers up!

Isolate the infected player, absolutely. But the unvaccinated having to isolate for ages as well, is just crazy. If they test negative on day 2, let them out! 
Our first game was cancelled due to ONE positive, but TEN having to isolate as well.
Especially now that Omicron is so dominant, which is basically a cold. 

Also tell me, how the NL had only 4 games cancelled yesterday, but L2 only have 2 games on tonight. How on earth is that logical in any way, shape or form? The NL’s rules, are way more rational than the EFL’s. 

Edited by Danish Valiant

1 minute ago, Danish Valiant said:

...Especially now that Omicron is so dominant, which is basically a cold. 

That attitude is part of the problem! Try telling those in ICUs begging to have the vaccine that they've just got a cold! I'm just Tweeting to a friend whose been ill for a week over Christmas and is only now starting to get her breath properly! It's not a joke and maybe if people stopped treating it like one we might start to clear it up?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, LancyTony said:

That attitude is part of the problem! Try telling those in ICUs begging to have the vaccine that they've just got a cold! I'm just Tweeting to a friend whose been ill for a week over Christmas and is only now starting to get her breath properly! It's not a joke and maybe if people stopped treating it like one we might start to clear it up?

You answered it yourself. If you don’t get the vaccine, what do you expect???

I don’t think it’s a joke, I’m triple jabbed, wear a mask and all the other crap. But we have to learn to live with it, as it isn’t going away any time soon. We can’t keep cancelling everything and go into lockdown, as we have done again here in Denmark before Christmas, every winter from here to eternity. Peoples mental health, including mine, is suffering BIG time. But absolutely nobody cares about that! I’m okay, for now, but if it’s the same next year, I really truely don’t know!

Edited by Danish Valiant