Match Thread: Rochdale v Port Vale

Fosse69

Guest Vale at home
20 minutes ago, LancyTony said:

Meanwhile, with every game called off, players lose a bit of match fitness which could lead to more injuries when games are fitted in to an already tight schedule? 

Yes I do know what you mean. 

No different to last season really where we had loads of Tuesday games and without the cups in the second half of the season (bar Brentford) there’s plenty of space to fit the games in unless it drags through January fixtures too.

I imagine if it goes on for a week or two more with a more congested fixture list they will bring back the 5 subs rule.

Can’t really extend the season with next season starting early (July the first game) due to the World Cup.

I expect the situation to ease soon anyhow. So many people getting the virus at the moment means it will burn out faster in terms of this wave as it hits walls of immunity from the sheer amount who have had it in recent weeks (plus the boosters hopefully). I think in SA this variant has burnt out really fast from what I read and from the huge acceleration it’s nose diving now.

The pandemic very possibly cost us promotion or at least a good crack at it via the play offs in 2019/2020 with the PPG finish. The Omicron wave and fixtures getting cancelled may possibly have just helped us along this season instead. Exeter and Rochdale are certainly tough fixtures, plus Salford means we now have an opportunity to earn a potentially season defining 9 points with fit forwards and a proper line up rather than the makeshift square pegs sides we had to put out against Bristol Rovers and Newport.

9 points was the difference between 1st and 7th last season.

Obviously I hope the positive testing players and their families are all ok and that no club staff have taken ill.

13 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

I was at the Newcastle game last night and the bloke who sits in front of us, knowing our connection with Vale, told us that our captain was a mad man with all the stuff he was putting on Twitter about vaccinations. I told him Leon wasn’t our captain any more but it was interesting that his comments were being seen by fans of other clubs and reflecting badly on us. 

I wouldn't be surprised to see Legge leave next month tbh

I just hope when games kick in again that we hit the ground running and dont have to find our feet,although i guess a lot of clubs will be in the same boat(also hoping Forest Green are affected by the break)

35 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

I just hope when games kick in again that we hit the ground running and dont have to find our feet,although i guess a lot of clubs will be in the same boat(also hoping Forest Green are affected by the break)

How is he a mad man for having his own views and opinions? He's not insisting that everyone agrees with his opinions.

1 hour ago, werstayinup said:

Think FGR have sailed into the distance. In my opinion only 2 slots left for automatic.  

1 hour ago, Beech said:

How is he a mad man for having his own views and opinions? He's not insisting that everyone agrees with his opinions.

If you read what he’s posting he’s a full on <ovf censored> nevermind a mad man. He’s employed by the club as a professional and shouldn’t be posting that <ovf censored> on Twitter. Hes not even posting an opinion, he’s just posting blatant lies. He’s already been picked up in his comments by piers Morgan. Giving the club a bad name and needs ridding of 

Edited by valiant_593
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

56 minutes ago, Coyney Valiant said:

You’re not allowed to have an opinion these days unless it fits in with masses and the media 

Far from it. The old adage to keep one’s own council has all but faded from the vocabulary these days.  Everyone has an opinion on everything and we’re all only too happy to shout it from the rooftops.  Unfortunately we’re not so happy when, having posted our opinion on some world wide social media platform, not everyone likes it, be that a minority or, as in the case in question, the majority.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Coyney Valiant said:

You’re not allowed to have an opinion these days unless it fits in with masses and the media 

Yes you are, but if your opinion is the world is flat, the moon landing didn't happen or that covid is fake then expect to be ridiculed for your stupid and potentially dangerous opinion. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, valiant_593 said:

If you read what he’s posting he’s a full on <ovf censored> nevermind a mad man. He’s employed by the club as a professional and shouldn’t be posting that <ovf censored> on Twitter. Hes not even posting an opinion, he’s just posting blatant lies. He’s already been picked up in his comments by piers Morgan. Giving the club a bad name and needs ridding of 

Apparently your opinion that he is a mad man isn't allowed but his mad opinions are. 

1 hour ago, Coyney Valiant said:

He is employed by the club. You cannot as a profession post the <ovf censored> he does. He’s perfectly welcome to his opinion but he shouldn’t be posting lies on Twitter. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, FriedRice said:

Legges entitled to express his opinion if your daft enough to believe obvious lies from twiter (  being on twitter in the first place was your first mistake ) then your probably already following so many rants one more wont make any difference. Club will be aware and if he oversteps the mark they will call him

He’s not entitled to express lies on Twitter. He represents the club. I know I would be pulled up by my employers if I posted similar. I hope they have at least had a word with him, he’s ruining the good name the owners have built. 

• Like 1