Match Thread: Rochdale v Port Vale

Fosse69

49 minutes ago, dishydave said:
2 hours ago, melv said:
I'm concerned that 'IF' it carries on like this then there will be a backlog of games.That would mean more games to be played per week.This could lead to more injuries to players.

That's a possibility of injuries where as at this moment in time we actually have injuries

Yes we have the injuries now.But there is time to recover.'IF' it gets to the stage that we play 2,3 4 games per week.Then there will be no time to recover.The games being so close together gives less recovery time after each game.Will take more out of the players bodies.Which itself could lead to more injuries.Lets just hope it dont get to that stage.

I think all teams in our league have had games called off, so the fixture backlog will be the same for all teams.

with playing 2 games in a week they would just cut out all the strenuous stuff in training 

ive never played at any level, I was into distance running, I know people who used to run a marathon every Sunday, but they wouldn’t do any running during the week, same applies here.

18 minutes ago, Conrad said:

I think all teams in our league have had games called off, so the fixture backlog will be the same for all teams.

with playing 2 games in a week they would just cut out all the strenuous stuff in training 

ive never played at any level, I was into distance running, I know people who used to run a marathon every Sunday, but they wouldn’t do any running during the week, same applies here.

Unless your name is Eddie Izzard!

2 hours ago, darren1810 said:

Not a criticism of any club just an observation and possibly different rules ?

But how come hardly any National league North or South games are off ? In comparison to the EFL I mean  

I might be wrong but don't think there is any testing in National League and North and South whereas in EFL, testing a couple of times a week.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, werstayinup said:

What is odd though how it only seems to be hitting English football hard,it doesn't seem to be affecting a lot of games in Europe(unless i have missed something) and covid is rife over there,also a lot of non league games remain on.

https://football-italia.net/serie-a-has-98-per-cent-covid-vaccination-rate/

Serie A has a 98% vaccination rate.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59686996

25% of EFL players do not intend to get vaccinated.

https://www.efl.com/news/2021/december/efl-statement-covid-19-update/

Non-league football does not have daily tests, but EFL clubs do. So all these unvaccinated players are getting the virus, testing positive and getting games called off. Meanwhile in non-league there are players with Covid who are playing without knowing they have Covid.

Top to bottom it is farcical in this country.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, darren1810 said:

Not a criticism of any club just an observation and possibly different rules ?

But how come hardly any National league North or South games are off ? In comparison to the EFL I mean  

Players at that level can’t afford to go to strip clubs, where they are more likely to catch Covid. 

• Haha 1

I was at the Newcastle game last night and the bloke who sits in front of us, knowing our connection with Vale, told us that our captain was a mad man with all the stuff he was putting on Twitter about vaccinations. I told him Leon wasn’t our captain any more but it was interesting that his comments were being seen by fans of other clubs and reflecting badly on us. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Guest Vale at home
2 hours ago, The man in the pub said:

Dont see the postponement  as a total disaster, more recovery time for injured players  and closer to the transfer window opening.

I do agree . 

Let's hope we get see a game soon .

I reckon the clubs wanted Xmas off let's hope they all haven't put on loads of weight with there extended time off till New year .

Really if there's no cases in Vales camp  why don't they rearrange a game for tomoz with one of the other sides who's games being cancelled through no fault of there own .

Doubt it though enjoy your extended Xmas break  players 

UTV 

Edited by Breadwinner