onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Rochdale v Port Vale

Fosse69

If Rodney and Worrall are back i would be going 4-3-3 and play Rodney with Worrall and Politic wide forwards

Usual three in the middle of Conlon, Garrity and Pett

I would play Legge up against Beesley who did us in the air at our place with Smith Gibbons (Cass if out) and Benning.

If we can put that side out we have a chance of a result.

If we still have no Worrall or Rodney I’m worried.

Of course it may still fall to Covid if we get any new cases or Rochdale get hit.

Advert

I can't get my head around why anyone would want the game on, unless you've paid to come over from Denmark.

Think about it we were shocking 2nd half v Bristol Rovers and likewise v Newport without any Strikers, so why in gods name do fans want it on.

Surely we would be better not playing now until after the Brentford game when we've had the chance bring some players in and the likes of Wilson / Proctor are closer to being back.

2 minutes ago, butt lane vale fan said:

I can't get my head around why anyone would want the game on, unless you've paid to come over from Denmark.

Think about it we were shocking 2nd half v Bristol Rovers and likewise v Newport without any Strikers, so why in gods name do fans want it on.

Surely we would be better not playing now until after the Brentford game when we've had the chance bring some players in and the likes of Wilson / Proctor are closer to being back.

2 factors come to mind, retaining match fitness and avoiding fixture congestion in the future if we defer more games than some of the leading clubs.

34 minutes ago, Andy Proctor said:

Some of them players I listed as injured could be back fit we don't know untill we hear team news. Lloyd proctor and Wilson will definitely be out though and Jones with his 3 match suspension. If 1 player tests positive for covid and it isn't legge then that would mean the positive player and legge would have to isolate as legge isn't vaccinated. 

It will be just our luck though that we have no more covid cases but still have about 8 out injured or suspended and we have to play and probably have to put youth team players on the bench make the numbers up. I'm not saying I want any players get covid but if we can get the game off it will be better for us considering how many we will have out injured. 

Sorry, but where has this come from? I see more and more people people suggesting, that we sort of utilize Covid to get injured players back. 

1. I find it quite disturbing, and 2. I think it's morally way out there! 

Do people actually realize, that we eventually have to play the games that gets postponed? 

And if anything is due to cause injuries, it's a congested fixture list! So it's a bit like pissing your pants, in my opinion. It might be an outstanding sensation here and now, but gets cold and clammy very very fast! 

5 hours ago, Danish Valiant said:

Sorry, but where has this come from? I see more and more people people suggesting, that we sort of utilize Covid to get injured players back. 

Do people actually realize, that we eventually have to play the games that gets postponed? 

And if anything is due to cause injuries, it's a congested fixture list! So it's a bit like pissing your pants, in my opinion. It might be an outstanding sensation here and now, but gets cold and clammy very very fast! 

May I also add that our general worse performances have come when we have had 3 games in a week and usually more often than not the tues night performances have not reached the heights of when we have had a full week prepare for the opposition .

Important that we get going again soon if we are to be promoted this season I'd say we have to reach the dizzy heights of the last five mins of the Leyton Orient game and Overally excellent away display v Forest Green more often we have got ourselves into a bad habit of conceding soft goals again lately in order to just reach the play offs the defensive side of our game must improve ten fold .

I heard on talksport last night that Newcastle United had conceded 80 goals in the calendar year well you never going achieve anything with those figures I'd say at present without looking at Vales stats that our figure will only give us a midtable finish if we continue to leak .

We have a lot more going for us the other way and that's helped us get to the position we find ourselves in however the pack are closing in and getting stronger .

UTV there is much work to do so lets get on with it 

13 hours ago, Danish Valiant said:

And if we don't, every game is going to be like Newport away - we hoof it out of defence, it doesn't stick and comes straight back at us. I'd sooner wait until we can give the opposition a game.

1 hour ago, Heatwave said:

And if we don't, every game is going to be like Newport away - we hoof it out of defence, it doesn't stick and comes straight back at us. I'd sooner wait until we can give the opposition a game.

As one of the posters who (lightheartedly) suggested that Covid cancellations could help, there is a serious point as you suggest, that in fielding weakened sides, we do nothing for our own credibility yet the results whatever they may be will still stand and can impact on all teams and subsequent league positioning.

15 hours ago, Danish Valiant said:

Don't think Gibbo is injured, but according to instagram, he was/is isolating...

And as for the injuries, under the DC regime, we have absolutely diddly squad idea, about who is or isn't available, until we see the actual team sheet.

read the screen-gibbons suspended!

7 hours ago, PV1973 said:

No he’s not suspended. 

radio joke duff gen then?

Archived