onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Rochdale v Port Vale

Fosse69

Just now, Bycarsbill said:

Reading between the lines of Colin Garlick's comments, it sounds like we are still struggling to get sufficient playing numbers for any match at the moment.

Whilst we obviously weren't capable of playing,  Tranmere have now won 5 successive games and Mansfield incredibly are only 3 points behind us. 

If this goes ahead we need a result   

Advert

4 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Whilst we obviously weren't capable of playing,  Tranmere have now won 5 successive games and Mansfield incredibly are only 3 points behind us. 

Absolutely spot-on--it's so close.  Tranmere has won the last five on the bounce and I think Mansfield are now unbeaten in last 11 matches--I fear it's going to be close all the way to the season's end with a lot of swings & roundabouts for at least 7 or 8 clubsnear the top!

8 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Exactly right. The top clubs plus Mansfield are the form teams let’s hope we can hang on in, till the injured players have time to get up and running 

3 hours ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

Any idea at all about who is available? This might be the week that breadwinner finally predicts the 

Team 

This team will beat Rochdale .

Covalan

Cass Smith Legge Benning 

Worrall Pett Conlon Garrity Rodney 

Gibbons 

I have been thi king that Gibbons with his strong running could be that forward as I they think it be Rodney up front so sticka strong running player wide player at that up front should work a treat as he is the kind run through players , I think he could get Vale 3 penalties minimum .

Let's see legge should see to Beesley 

UTV 

5 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

Team 

This team will beat Rochdale .

Covalan

Cass Smith Legge Benning 

Worrall Pett Conlon Garrity Rodney 

Gibbons 

I have been thi king that Gibbons with his strong running could be that forward as I they think it be Rodney up front so sticka strong running player wide player at that up front should work a treat as he is the kind run through players , I think he could get Vale 3 penalties minimum .

Let's see legge should see to Beesley 

UTV 

simpsons___barney_hook_it_to_my_veins.jpg.1f5b266591859145140377d6c492e7b4.jpg

Taylor, Wilson, proctor, Lloyd, Hurst, worrall, Rodney,amoo are either still injured or maybe back but not really match ready. Jones is suspended for 3 games so that's 9 players we could still be without before you count any covid positive cases. I know people want see vale play but if we play with all them missing then we're pretty much putting a reserve side out and are going lose. I'm hoping we don't play till the Brentford game on the 8th so that people recover from illness and injury and were able to sign a couple of players. Another thing is if we register Whitehead to play who do we de register to put him in and how fit is he compared to the rest of the players plus he is crap anyway.

48 minutes ago, Bycarsbill said:

Absolutely spot-on--it's so close.  Tranmere has won the last five on the bounce and I think Mansfield are now unbeaten in last 11 matches--I fear it's going to be close all the way to the season's end with a lot of swings & roundabouts for at least 7 or 8 clubsnear the top!

Same as any other season then 

15 minutes ago, Andy Proctor said:

Taylor, Wilson, proctor, Lloyd, Hurst, worrall, Rodney,amoo are either still injured or maybe back but not really match ready. Jones is suspended for 3 games so that's 9 players we could still be without before you count any covid positive cases. I know people want see vale play but if we play with all them missing then we're pretty much putting a reserve side out and are going lose. I'm hoping we don't play till the Brentford game on the 8th so that people recover from illness and injury and were able to sign a couple of players. Another thing is if we register Whitehead to play who do we de register to put him in and how fit is he compared to the rest of the players plus he is crap anyway.

So if we didn't have Covid, which was 1 case for the first match and ? for the second, we would have to play no matter what. So we would be putting a, as you say, "reserve" team out regardless. So now we just have 2 or 3 missing through Covid as well, and you suggest we utilize it to our advantage? Should we fake injuries, to go under 14 available? 

3 minutes ago, geoff1 said:

gibbons suspended? worrall injured?rodney injured?

Don't think Gibbo is injured, but according to instagram, he was/is isolating...

And as for the injuries, under the DC regime, we have absolutely diddly squad idea, about who is or isn't available, until we see the actual team sheet.

27 minutes ago, Andy Proctor said:

The thought of seeing Whitehead in Vale shirt again fills me with foreboding.He is worst player I have seen a vale shirt in God knows how long, think I rather have Zack Mills back lol 

Some of them players I listed as injured could be back fit we don't know untill we hear team news. Lloyd proctor and Wilson will definitely be out though and Jones with his 3 match suspension. If 1 player tests positive for covid and it isn't legge then that would mean the positive player and legge would have to isolate as legge isn't vaccinated. 

It will be just our luck though that we have no more covid cases but still have about 8 out injured or suspended and we have to play and probably have to put youth team players on the bench make the numbers up. I'm not saying I want any players get covid but if we can get the game off it will be better for us considering how many we will have out injured. 

Archived