onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

VAR in the Prem

Jacko51

Advert

VAR is a complete joke, completely ruining the game whilst adding further controversy, which defeats the object.  The TV companies must love it because it creates more talking points for the pundits to waffle on about.  I can accept goal line technology but that’s about it for me.

What I would say is that in this day and age if you’re going to use technology then take the human element away completely and use AI to make any decisions that the ref misses.

I thought the ref did well in the spurs game and was consistent. Yellow for Kane and yellow for Robertson, there was the penalty he didn’t give first half for Liverpool and then one on Dele (much softer) second half he didn’t give. He did his job, it’s the up to Var to correct him if need be. I do think has Var intervened as it should have,  the ref would have sent Kane off and given a penalty. 

I’m happy they didn’t though, made for a great game and wound that <ovf censored> klopp up

11 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

I thought the ref did well in the spurs game and was consistent. Yellow for Kane and yellow for Robertson, there was the penalty he didn’t give first half for Liverpool and then one on Dele (much softer) second half he didn’t give. He did his job, it’s the up to Var to correct him if need be. I do think has Var intervened as it should have,  the ref would have sent Kane off and given a penalty. 

I’m happy they didn’t though, made for a great game and wound that <ovf censored> klopp up

Does that wonker klopp ever stop moaning ok Kane should have got a red but most of the other incidents evened out 

13 minutes ago, capirex said:

What have you people got against klopp? Have you not seen the touchline antics of Tuchel, Guardiola, Arteta, Conte etc. Klopp is a great manager and has kept Liverpool at the top of the Prem without the bottomless pit that City and Chelsea have.

Got no problem with Klopp. 

I find it ironic that VAR was supposed to remove controversy from football and ends up creating more. And slowing the game down and taking the spontaneity out of it.  Newcastle got humped because they are crap, not VAR.  Wolves Chelsea I never woke up.  Spuds Scousers fair result, good game, whatever.

1 hour ago, Coyney Valiant said:

Does that wonker klopp ever stop moaning ok Kane should have got a red but most of the other incidents evened out 

If you think Klopp moans a lot you should watch Arsenal, never seen a sides manager, bench and players moan and in the refs faces since Fergie's side of the 90s.

VAR is not the problem, it's the clowns that we have operating it that is the problem.  Looking back on the last 2 major tournaments in  the World Cup in 2018 and the Euro's we never had the issues we see every week in the premier league.  I did not think the officiating could get worse but in the last 2 weeks seen some awful decisions and no they don't even themselves out over a season.

16 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

VAR has to be as well. 

VAR is crap.  All those bloody pundits crying for it for years like it was some golden bullet.  Just creates more of a mess. The problem is, unlike cricket, the laws are not absolute. "being in control" "unnatural arm position" "interfering with play".  All totally subjective. That is why I'd rather just leave it to the ref for all his/her fallibilities. And get on with game.

That is/was the joy of football. Fast paced get on with it. 

8 minutes ago, toyahw said:

VAR is crap.  All those bloody pundits crying for it for years like it was some golden bullet.  Just creates more of a mess. The problem is, unlike cricket, the laws are not absolute. "being in control" "unnatural arm position" "interfering with play".  All totally subjective. That is why I'd rather just leave it to the ref for all his/her fallibilities. And get on with game.

That is/was the joy of football. Fast paced get on with it. 

Goal line cameras are fine,  offsides should be managed by the assistants, penalties if intentional as seen by the ref.  Violent play if not spotted on the day to be punished retrospectively by camera evidence.  Speed the game up  for when the Vale are in the Prem, micro-management not needed in football

Archived