onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Sending best wishes to Aussie Rules (Barry) this Christmas

robf

Advert

*** UPDATE *** 

Thanks for the lovely messages. I've emailed Barry and Ann and they will be looking at these messages which I will send to them via email.

The great news is that hopefully with some software changes, Barry will be coming back onto OVF on a more regular basis in the New Year.

:groupwavereversed:

1 hour ago, robf said:

*** UPDATE *** 

Thanks for the lovely messages. I've emailed Barry and Ann and they will be looking at these messages which I will send to them via email.

The great news is that hopefully with some software changes, Barry will be coming back onto OVF on a more regular basis in the New Year.

Best news I've had in quite a while.

3 hours ago, robf said:

*** UPDATE *** 

Great stuff, hopefully to witness another  promotion season

3 hours ago, robf said:

*** UPDATE *** 

Great stuff....or should it be Fair Dinkum Cobber?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi this is Ann here, replying on behalf of Aussie Rules ( my darling husband Barry) Thank you all for the really lovely messages which I have read to Barry, he is humbled by your very kind and generous thoughts.  Now please don't send him any more or I will have to deal with his big head.  LOL  Joking of course,  he is the last person to be big headed, you all know him from his many posts and contributions, being the "wife" I can joke in this way.

Barry is like his late Mum i.e. problems are an opportunity to look for solutions and I can tell you he is looking at ways of coming back to OVF and his Port Vale family. 

I am not familiar with forums, this is the first time that I am chatting to you all, of course Barry is at my shoulder telling me what to say but I rarely take any notice of him.  "G"  He has suggested that I tell you a little about myself, well lets have a little think,  I was born in London and at the outbreak of the war my parents moved us to Bognor Regis of course I tell Barry on a regular basis that I am from the South and he is from the North.  OK, ok before you all yell at me I know that Stoke on Trent is not North but I love to stir him up.  LOL    I came to Oz as a little girl in 1951, my first impressions were just amazing, remember that there was still some rationing around that time, I had never seen cream, watermelons and lollies (sweets) When we landed in Fremantle my parents took me for a wander around and we went into a store called Coles which still exists today.  Before me was a counter of lollies never had I seen so many in my life.  I could not make up my mind which ones to choose, so the very kind lady behind the counter gave me one of everything.  I thought I was in heaven.  We lived in several States before my parents settled in West Oz.  I love to knit and sew but my biggest joy is my embroidery machine, once I used to embroiderer by hand not any more, I now crochet and embroider on a machine, I still find it amazing that a machine can do such beautiful work, my favorite is FSL ( free standing lace).  I am known to my girl friends as the lace Queen.  Before I bore you all to death I should also mention that I have since 2013 run a sewing group from our home, reason for this was our machines became very large and heavy, many of us could not pick them up and go to our sewing groups.  We meet once a month and put the world to right and talk embroidery to our hearts content. 

Once again thank you all for your kind sentiments and like wise we wish you all the very best for 2022

Ann    

Archived