Match Thread: Port Vale v Salford City

Fosse69

1 hour ago, MBE said:

I think it’s nothing short of miraculous to be still in there which is testament to Flitcrofts’s recruitment, Clarke, the coaching team and players.  Add to that we could and probably should be a comfortable 2nd had it not been for a few away day collapses.

Got to feel really positive about our chance's if we can get 2 strikers through the door early January. My only concern, I think plans could change very quickly for clubs selling/buying/loaning players bearing in mind challenges with covid at present. This could make it an extremely difficult window to do anything.

January is a difficult time to do any deals unless you are prepared either to pay megabucks or take other sides' cast offs. Any players worth their salt are under contract till July.

Advert:

9 hours ago, Heatwave said:

January is a difficult time to do any deals unless you are prepared either to pay megabucks or take other sides' cast offs. Any players worth their salt are under contract till July.

Very true but players coming to the end of the contract not in the 1st team, this is an ideal opportunity to show there worth on loan elsewhere ready for a new contract elsewhere.

23 hours ago, Bycarsbill said:

Precisely.  I think we really are on the 'same page'.  It is the pressure that unvaccinated seriously ill hospitalisations are putting on the NHS and thereby restricting other procedures that should be going ahead that is the bigger tragedy.

Yes, you are right.  Just reading that Liverpool ICU is full, and is 100% occupied by younger people who have not had any form of vaccination. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The French Connection said:

Yes, you are right.  Just reading that Liverpool ICU is full, and is 100% occupied by younger people who have not had any form of vaccination. 

That's the precise point that I was trying to get across to MBE and, I'm still not sure where he's coming from.

• Like 4

Advert:

12 minutes ago, soothsayer said:

The quarantine period for positive cases has reduced from 10 to 7 days so I suspect that may help.

it will do for those who tested positive last week, but we still could have more go down in the meantime. 

Advert:

1 minute ago, Tony Rodriguez said:

Maybe I missed it but do we know that the Exeter game was off due to us returning positive Covid tests as opposed to the opposition?

It was due to us although apparently Exeter had cases also (they've called off their following three games against Portsmouth the other night, Boxing Day and 29th)

Edited by valefan16

Match Officials announced. Along with the 'get your tickets' tweet + Tom Pett saying on Twitch that it was on as far as he was concerned, it seems the club is operating towards the game happening. Obviously, that could change with 1/2 positive tests.

I imagine the guidance remains the same; wear masks when not in seats, and try to avoid areas of obvious congestion, which is all common sense. 

Edited by Joe B

Advert: