onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Salford City

Fosse69

Advert

1 hour ago, jeffers said:

Spot on. Whilst I am fully vaccinated I also appreciate that we live in a free society and I must respect why some people refuse to be vaccinated. However, as Bill states it is these people that are at risk to themselves and everyone that they come into contact with.

I also have a friend whose 29 year old daughter has been diagnosed with a possible blood clot in her leg; she can’t get into hospital due to the lack of beds. How many beds are being taken up due to other peoples selfishness. Please, please think about the big picture before you decide not to be vaccinated.

Somewhat ironic writing on this site when a fair proportion are unvaccinated footballers. Sorry for going off-topic.

not just a lack of beds also lack of staff, 130,000 NHS staff still un vaccinated is another stat that have to self isolate for 10 days if in contact with anybody that is +. Loads of different contributing factors.

1 hour ago, jeffers said:

Spot on. Whilst I am fully vaccinated I also appreciate that we live in a free society and I must respect why some people refuse to be vaccinated. However, as Bill states it is these people that are at risk to themselves and everyone that they come into contact with.

I also have a friend whose 29 year old daughter has been diagnosed with a possible blood clot in her leg; she can’t get into hospital due to the lack of beds. How many beds are being taken up due to other peoples selfishness. Please, please think about the big picture before you decide not to be vaccinated.

Somewhat ironic writing on this site when a fair proportion are unvaccinated footballers. Sorry for going off-topic.

Tuchel defends his Chelsea unvaccinated players despite being without seven players tonight  through covid.

I suppose it's easy to do that when you've got a squad of 27 players?

44 minutes ago, Port Vale Paul said:

not just a lack of beds also lack of staff, 130,000 NHS staff still un vaccinated is another stat that have to self isolate for 10 days if in contact with anybody that is +. Loads of different contributing factors.

130000 staff unvaccinated 😳 

makes u think they know something 

2 hours ago, jeffers said:

Absolutely right. Same goes for those who constantly shouting about how masks don't work etc, get vaccinated and get your mask on and shut up. It isn't rocket science. If you choose not to then fine, don't spend all your spare time trying to persuade people to do the same based on pseudoscience and facebook epidemiologists. Don't tell me it is all SAGE's doing or Whitty when the rest of Europe is looking the same. Does Whitty tell France, Germany and Holland what to do as well? 

Get vaccinated people. It is the quickest way out. 

Great news if so we have a game to look forwards too on boxing day ,coming back from down South on that day as back to work that night hopefully be back in time for game .

Team 

Covalan 

Cass Smith Martin 

Worrall Conlon Pett Garrity Gibbons 

Legge Bailey 

Utv you no it makes sense .

Bailey hat trick 

28 minutes ago, WV said:

Get vaccinated people. It is the quickest way out. 

As Israel begins with the roll out of a 4th vaccination, I do have to question which part of this is 'quick'.

Anyway, this is a thread about a football match involving the team we all love that thankfully looks to be taking place on Boxing Day. Hard to make any predictions given the lack of clarity over player availability. According to Wyscout, we've scored 11 goals more than Salford despite having a very similar Xg, yet we've conceded 2 more than them despite having a far lower XgA. 

What does that tell us? That we've been clinical in front of goal and they've been wasteful. The deciding factor therefore maybe whether the lads who've been clinical for us are available, something that looks unlikely.

U2.5 goals and quite possibly a 0-0 on the cards. 4870 - <100 away fans and a few stayaways on our side due to the circumstances.

Are we expecting Wilson back from his foot before Proctor’s recovery from his second injury?

I think we should cancel Boxing Day if there’s an option, one less game with no players. But if we play and win that creates big pressure on the teams around us.

1 minute ago, 1 said:

Are we expecting Wilson back from his foot before Proctor’s recovery from his second injury?

I think we should cancel Boxing Day if there’s an option, one less game with no players. But if we play and win that creates big pressure on the teams around us.

I think Wilson be back before Proctor. Nothing to back it up just my hunch.

It's actually 6 weeks already this weekend since Wilson broke his foot against Bradford.  Maybe in a couple of weeks time he'll be building up towards kicking a ball .

So we have had no Proctor or Wilson for 6 weeks and managed to hang in there. Credit to the team for that despite a rocky patch. 

5 hours ago, darren1810 said:

I think Wilson be back before Proctor. Nothing to back it up just my hunch.

It's actually 6 weeks already this weekend since Wilson broke his foot against Bradford.  Maybe in a couple of weeks time he'll be building up towards kicking a ball .

So we have had no Proctor or Wilson for 6 weeks and managed to hang in there. Credit to the team for that despite a rocky patch. 

I think it’s nothing short of miraculous to be still in there which is testament to Flitcrofts’s recruitment, Clarke, the coaching team and players.  Add to that we could and probably should be a comfortable 2nd had it not been for a few away day collapses.

Got to feel really positive about our chance's if we can get 2 strikers through the door early January. My only concern, I think plans could change very quickly for clubs selling/buying/loaning players bearing in mind challenges with covid at present. This could make it an extremely difficult window to do anything.

Archived