onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Salford City

Fosse69

Advert

8 hours ago, Aguar61 said:

Just wondering,if Boxing Day goes ahead,how many people who would normally plan to attend might think twice about it due to risk of COVID. I'm unsure about going myself, be interested to hear what others think. 

As we are sat outside I’m unconcerned by the risk of Covid but I will be more mindful shouting at the liner for every decision and will not take refuge from the cold in the concourse and buy s drink.

I will be amazed if the game is on but I’ve watched Billy Paynters lads in training as a precaution. At least I will recognise a few of our players if we do play on Boxing Day.😃

1 hour ago, MBE said:

As we are sat outside I’m unconcerned by the risk of Covid but I will be more mindful shouting at the liner for every decision and will not take refuge from the cold in the concourse and buy s drink.

I will be amazed if the game is on but I’ve watched Billy Paynters lads in training as a precaution. At least I will recognise a few of our players if we do play on Boxing Day.😃

“Take refuge from the cold in the concourse”?  Chance would be a fine thing.  What we do when it’s cold in the Bycars is to go and hang about round the back of the stand.  After about 5 minutes staring towards Tunstall with a couple of brass monkeys and penguins for company, whilst being cut in half by the wind blasting across Sproson Park, you actually realise it’s not all that cold in the stand itself.

9 hours ago, Aguar61 said:

Just wondering,if Boxing Day goes ahead,how many people who would normally plan to attend might think twice about it due to risk of COVID. I'm unsure about going myself, be interested to hear what others think. 

If it was just a case of thinking about myself I’d be ok with taking the risk but it’s different if you’re spending the Christmas period with older and/or vulnerable people.

I’ve been asked by family not to go if the game is on.

This will be a tough game if we've still got no proper strikers when it's played.

People should be given the freedom to choose how to live their lives. I fully respect the decision of those that don't want vaccines, those that want to isolate themselves to protect themselves or their loved ones for whatever reasons. 

I'm completely against any more lockdowns. I want to get on with living life to the full and I think the vast majority of people feel the same.

I had my jabs knowing that they will protect me from the worst that Covid could do. I've since had Covid and I was poorly for five days but nothing serious. I weighed up the risks associated with the jabs against the risks of Covid with no vaccine and made my decision.

Every individual should have the right to choose, which at the moment they have. Lockdown restrictions are a draconian infringement of our human rights. I understand why lockdowns happened before vaccines had been developed but now, with every adult in the country having been offered vaccines, there should be no more lockdowns. 

Hope the game is played on Boxing Day. 🤞

1 hour ago, valiant steve said:

This will be a tough game if we've still got no proper strikers when it's played.

People should be given the freedom to choose how to live their lives. I fully respect the decision of those that don't want vaccines, those that want to isolate themselves to protect themselves or their loved ones for whatever reasons. 

I'm completely against any more lockdowns. I want to get on with living life to the full and I think the vast majority of people feel the same.

I had my jabs knowing that they will protect me from the worst that Covid could do. I've since had Covid and I was poorly for five days but nothing serious. I weighed up the risks associated with the jabs against the risks of Covid with no vaccine and made my decision.

Every individual should have the right to choose, which at the moment they have. Lockdown restrictions are a draconian infringement of our human rights. I understand why lockdowns happened before vaccines had been developed but now, with every adult in the country having been offered vaccines, there should be no more lockdowns. 

Hope the game is played on Boxing Day. 🤞

The problem is that with around 20% of the adult population not vaccinated this is what is spreading the current wave.  On last night's news, it is heartbreaking and for me, really annoying to see ITU doctors being interviewed and stating that nearly all their patients are unvaccinated!  I fully recognise the right to freedom of choice, but in this case someone's choice is another person's illness--is that completely fair?

3 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

Not strictly true, the fully vaccinated are also spreading the virus, so it’s virtually 100% of the population driving this latest wave, unless you live in isolation.  The problem with the 20%, or whatever, unvaccinated is that they are the ones most at risk of suffering serious illness, hospitalisation and ultimately death.  The greater picture is not just one of hospitalisation however, it’s the risk of the infrastructure and the economy falling apart due to so many people, whether I’ll or not, having to self isolate so that services and businesses are unable to function.  Hence the reduction in the isolation time from 10 to 7 days.

Precisely.  I think we really are on the 'same page'.  It is the pressure that unvaccinated seriously ill hospitalisations are putting on the NHS and thereby restricting other procedures that should be going ahead that is the bigger tragedy.

2 hours ago, Bycarsbill said:

The problem is that with around 20% of the adult population not vaccinated this is what is spreading the current wave.  On last night's news, it is heartbreaking and for me, really annoying to see ITU doctors being interviewed and stating that nearly all their patients are unvaccinated!  I fully recognise the right to freedom of choice, but in this case someone's choice is another person's illness--is that completely fair?

Spot on. Whilst I am fully vaccinated I also appreciate that we live in a free society and I must respect why some people refuse to be vaccinated. However, as Bill states it is these people that are at risk to themselves and everyone that they come into contact with.

I also have a friend whose 29 year old daughter has been diagnosed with a possible blood clot in her leg; she can’t get into hospital due to the lack of beds. How many beds are being taken up due to other peoples selfishness. Please, please think about the big picture before you decide not to be vaccinated.

Somewhat ironic writing on this site when a fair proportion are unvaccinated footballers. Sorry for going off-topic.

I've got family who refuse be vaccinated and fellow work colleagues ,2 of whom have had covid but come out unscathed but both like me work in a move your feet environment and are 50 and 40 so luckily for them they turned out OK. 

No guarantees that having the vaccine works but I'd say if I catch it  which all of us probably will at some point will I've done all I can to hopefully not be a innocent victim of this worldwide killer of folk .

Let's see the unvaccinated are entitled to there stance however it could all end in years for them hopefully it doesn't. 

As for the game there's every chance it be ON so hows tge treatment room looking 

Any inside info. 

UTV 

15 minutes ago, jeffers said:

Spot on. Whilst I am fully vaccinated I also appreciate that we live in a free society and I must respect why some people refuse to be vaccinated. However, as Bill states it is these people that are at risk to themselves and everyone that they come into contact with.

I also have a friend whose 29 year old daughter has been diagnosed with a possible blood clot in her leg; she can’t get into hospital due to the lack of beds. How many beds are being taken up due to other peoples selfishness. Please, please think about the big picture before you decide not to be vaccinated.

Somewhat ironic writing on this site when a fair proportion are unvaccinated footballers. Sorry for going off-topic.

I don't think that you're 'off topic' with your comment about unvaccinated footballers--that situation is completely tied-in with the whole question of vaccinations.  It's interesting to note that Klopp and some other mangers/clubs have indicated that they will not sign unvaccinated players!

Archived