onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Salford City

Fosse69

Advert

Would this be happening if players had actually got themselves vaccinated?  I read in yesterday’s Mail that in European premier Leagues 92% of German players were jabbed, the same in Spain and 98% in italy. In England the figure was 68%. If this is true it reflects very badly on our players. 

19 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Would this be happening if players had actually got themselves vaccinated?  I read in yesterday’s Mail that in European premier Leagues 92% of German players were jabbed, the same in Spain and 98% in italy. In England the figure was 68%. If this is true it reflects very badly on our players. 

I caught covid after having 2 jabs so I would say it won’t make any difference 

Interestingly Carol was on the Colin Murrey show on 5Live last night. Talking about last week's game being called off. She went on to say, that the club held a 4 hour meeting to discuss whether to play or not. At times even though clubs may have casses it can sometimes end up in brinkmanship between Clubs as the Club who does call it off ends up with a charge and potential fine. For example last week the club had also heard Exeter had cases and were poss hoping they called it off first, however after the meeting the Vale decided to do it.

They are holding another meeting Tuesday to make a decision about Boxing day.

She also defended other clubs players not having the Vaccine saying that sadly the players are very scared and have received no reassurance about no side effects

The Vale players that tested positive were however all Vaccinated.

2 hours ago, butt lane vale fan said:

Interestingly Carol was on the Colin Murrey show on 5Live last night. Talking about last week's game being called off. She went on to say, that the club held a 4 hour meeting to discuss whether to play or not. At times even though clubs may have casses it can sometimes end up in brinkmanship between Clubs as the Club who does call it off ends up with a charge and potential fine. For example last week the club had also heard Exeter had cases and were poss hoping they called it off first, however after the meeting the Vale decided to do it.

She also defended other clubs players not having the Vaccine saying that sadly the players are very scared and have received no reassurance about no side effects

So by defending other clubs players she's in effect defending everybody in the country who chose not to have the vaccine. You can't separate the two.

I agree with that as it's a personal decision. 

Don't understand why players are very scared though. 

10 hours ago, Packmoor_vale said:

I caught covid after having 2 jabs so I would say it won’t make any difference 

Yes because the vaccine Dosent stop you from catching it…. It reduces the impact of it. If you only had mild symptoms, that may well be because the vaccine reduced those symptoms. If course it has made a difference. 

9 hours ago, George said:

But so are 99% of people who caught covid prior to a vaccine being available 🤷‍♂️

Ah that’s alright then, that 1% Dosent matter does it?

3 hours ago, butt lane vale fan said:

Don’t really get this. Why do athletes need more reassurance than the average person? I’d say that’s just an excuse for those who don’t think they need it. Vaccinated players / people can still get covid. 

Don’t really get this. Why do athletes need more reassurance than the average person? I’d say that’s just an excuse for those who don’t think they need it. Vaccinated players / people can still get covid. 
Athletes are younger than the average person, younger people are more likely to avoid injections. There are lots of reasons.

12 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:
24 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Athletes are younger than the average person, younger people are more likely to avoid injections. There are lots of reasons.

I agree with 593.

Whats the difference between a footballer aged 23 or a student or plumber of the same age ?

To say footballers are scared seems quite pathetic to be honest. Society is scared. They are put on a pedestal enough without some namby pamby attitude to go with it. 

I think it was possibly the wrong terminology.  They will have their reasons and rightly its a personal choice,  but scared, come on. 

Archived