Match Thread: Port Vale v Salford City

Fosse69

Advert:

Downside obviously financial implications for the club, upside we might be able to field at least one fit striker for the rearranged game.
Financially, I don't think it would affect us too much. They will bring about 40 whenever it's played, and Salford on Boxing day is hardly a stellar fixture, so I doubt wed get significant numbers of walk ups for it

48 minutes ago, philmpv said:

Financially, I don't think it would affect us too much. They will bring about 40 whenever it's played, and Salford on Boxing day is hardly a stellar fixture, so I doubt wed get significant numbers of walk ups for it

1300 odd yesterday.  Abysmal. 

As you say no away support ,whether it's December,  May, July they bring a paltry amount. 

I'll miss the Boxing day game but there's no doubt that a postponement suits us mighty fine. 

• Like 2

Advert:

8 minutes ago, Danish Valiant said:

If it is certain to be postponed, why wouldn't the club just come out and say it? What could they possibly gain, from doing an Aston Villa?

It has not been stated how many players involved nor for how long, also depends how many players injured. Also Govt, FL and FA can change the rules in the next few days.  There are 7 days to go, not a problem for people living near by,  but for travellers longer notice is required.

Advert:

1 minute ago, Fosse69 said:

It has not been stated how many players involved nor for how long, also depends how many players injured. Also Govt, FL and FA can change the rules in the next few days.  There are 7 days to go, not a problem for people living near by,  but for travellers longer notice is required.

But if they already know, why not just announce it? 

Advert:

I imagine the clubs are waiting confirmation by the EFL as Stoke mention clarifications so could be they try and get the isolation period down if they have the new protocols in place on site for the unvaccinated players.

Another factor is probably the talk of a circuit breaker lock down. The EFL may choose to take a break than force clubs to play behind closed doors (for us the rumoured dates would only be Brentford but some teams have 2 home games in that period).

I believe the Premier League are holding crisis talks tomorrow about the situation so the EFL may await the outcome of that and go along with what the top flight do.

At the moment a lot up in the air, nothing really positive in terms of either games going ahead or us being able to be in the ground to see them so we will have to wait and see.

Oddly if we had a short break from the season it’s perfect timing for us football wise!

My worry is if it stops if we do have a circuit breaker you just get the feeling it wouldn’t be just a two week lockdown and would be extendable.

If Thursday last week was when the game was called off because of the positive results that day, (or from earlier in the week), then that ends their isolation period on the 25th at the latest. Meaning they are available for Boxing Day. However they have been unable to go out to train or get any physio sessions they may need. So how can that be good for a players well being? To expect them to have ten days off and then potentially play a day after isolation ending is madness. 

Edited by PV1973
  • Like 1