Match Thread: Port Vale v Exeter City

Fosse69

Seriously, does anybody know how this actually works? I wouldn't imagine it would be enough for a club to simply email the FA and say 'sorry guys, going to have to call the game off, we've got Covid in the club'. Do the FA independently corroborate any alleged outbreaks? If so, how exactly?

Seriously, does anybody know how this actually works? I wouldn't imagine it would be enough for a club to simply email the FA and say 'sorry guys, going to have to call the game off, we've got Covid in the club'. Do the FA independently corroborate any alleged outbreaks? If so, how exactly?

I imagine that’s the first port of call as the statements then read the EFL will launch an investigation into the postponement so assume then the club have to send the test results to back the postponement.

38 minutes ago, PVFC_4_EVA said:

Legge is the new Pope on twitter. Wish he would keep his COVID opinions to himself. Constantly retweeting utter <ovf censored>.

Pope is to busy slagging off Hamilton now and arguing with vale fans.

Loved the player but as a person he seems an absolute b###end. Glad he's not at the club anymore 

Edited by boslemportvale91
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, boslemportvale91 said:

Pope is to busy slagging off Hamilton now and arguing with vale fans.

Loved the player but as a person he seems an absolute b###end. Glad he's not at the club anymore 

Yep grade A <ovf censored>. Lost all respect for him when he decided to slag the club off. Looked past certain other comments he previously made on Twitter but it’s just one more after another. 

Edited by valiant_593
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

I’m not on Twitter, so what has he being saying.?

Usual anti Vaxxer stuff. 

I'm all for free speech and opinions. But I would hope players wouldn't get involve in stuff online and social media especially after the pope drama. 

Edited by boslemportvale91

16 minutes ago, boslemportvale91 said:

Usual anti Vaxxer stuff. 

I'm all for free speech and opinions. But I would hope players wouldn't get involve in stuff online and social media especially after the pope drama. 

Needs to wind his neck in. Ppl pay to watch him play football perhaps he should get on with that. He’ll be gone next season, buffoon. I understand that he may have some underlying health issues but I don’t want to hear his opinion. A complete lack of respect to all those PVFC fans who’ve lost their lives because if this terrible virus. 

Edited by Playa Amodores

Not really shocking at all. They don’t have to have it if they don’t want to. But one of the reasons why games are off is because those that haven’t had the jabs have got to isolate if a teammate has tested positive. 

Edited by PV1973

"Not really shocking at all. They don’t have to have it if they don’t want to. But one of the reasons why games are off is because those that haven’t had the jabs have got to isolate if a teammate has tested positive."

I understand the "don't have to if they don't want to argument",  but I find it very surprising in an industry where physical well being and lung capacity are crucial.  I thought the figure would be much lower than roughly one in three.  All those last minute corner kicks with players breathing all over each other as they tug each other's shirts and tread on each others toes....

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Lornelounger said:

"Not really shocking at all. They don’t have to have it if they don’t want to. But one of the reasons why games are off is because those that haven’t had the jabs have got to isolate if a teammate has tested positive."

I understand the "don't have to if they don't want to argument",  but I find it very surprising in an industry where physical well being and lung capacity are crucial.  I thought the figure would be much lower than roughly one in three.  All those last minute corner kicks with players breathing all over each other as they tug each other's shirts and tread on each others toes....

Not really too interested in how many or which players decide to have it or not because it’s personal choice at the end of the day. I’m not one of the brigade who feels that people should be forced to have it and then put on some faux shock when people don’t. 

To try and take some positives out of a fixture postponement, it does give us some breathing space for injured players to have more time to recover--in fact, with our current injury list, we could probably do with a couple more cancellations and we might then be nearer a full squad situation!

• Like 1

Guest Vale at home
1 hour ago, Lornelounger said: