onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Exeter City

Fosse69

42 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Very good point the way things are going.

Were it halted right now we'd be 4th as Swindon have a game in hand. So PPG would be above us .

We would be 3rd... just.

PPG would give Swindon 34.65 points if that extra game was factored in so we would go up by virtue of 0.35 points (and GD is better).

Advert

7 minutes ago, philmpv said:
8 minutes ago, valefan16 said:
We would be 3rd... just.
PPG would give Swindon 34.65 points if that extra game was factored in so we would go up by virtue of 0.35 points (and GD is better).

Suspend it now

How many games have to be played before the season is cancelled?

15 minutes ago, philmpv said:

It can be cancelled at any point. I presume you mean when can it be cancelled and promotion/relegation happens anyway? 23 or more, don't suspend it now.

I take cancelled to mean all the results wiped out as if the season never took place as with 39/40.  Whereas with a suspension the results can stand and a decision made on  whether promotion and relegation take place, or the season resumes later.

As NTT20 predicted, the likelihood is that teams' Christmas parties took place last Saturday, and therefore we would see a number of games cancelled this week. Games are dropping like flies at present. 

The season won't be cancelled, as they've shown they can play it behind closed doors for a whole year - there may be a league-wide stoppage if the postponements get out of hand over the Christmas period/January, though. They may revert to no fans.

It would certainly suit us - the Christmas run of games postponed, meaning we next play in January. Then again, the festive football calendar is a highlight for many and probably a valuable lifeline for some of the more lonely folks at this time of year.

On 12/12/2021 at 10:05, 1 said:

Still favourites for this one, and a great one to win to make a little gap.

No excuses, get the win.

Cov

Woz Cass Legge Smith Gibbo

Pett Conlon Garrity

Politic Rodney

If not due to injuries, we still have the team to beat these.

Wozza might be available but I can't see Rodders in the line up.

3 hours ago, TJHValiant said:

Won’t be cancelled unless the Govt pays for a furlough scheme again. Which won’t happen. It will only happen in my view if players actually die from the virus. 

Deffo wont shut the season down but i wouldn't be surprised to see a break for 2 or 3 weeks which would benefit us greatly even though i do love Christmas games but it is what it is

Archived