onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Exeter City

Fosse69

Advert

But how can the club sack him, for writing something on twitter? 

And imagine the antivaxx brigade having a field day, if he gets fired for his twitter antics...

Although I do agree, that the club needs to take action, and fast, now that he's having it out with Piers Morgan on twitter. I mean, one of my Danish mates who follows Piers on twitter, texted me this morning; "isn't that the club you support?", so yeah, it's not putting the club in peoples minds, for the right reasons...

But how can the club sack him, for writing something on twitter? 
And imagine the antivaxx brigade having a field day, if he gets fired for his twitter antics...
Although I do agree, that the club needs to take action, and fast, now that he's having it out with Piers Morgan on twitter. I mean, one of my Danish mates who follows Piers on twitter, texted me this morning; "isn't that the club you support?", so yeah, it's not putting the club in peoples minds, for the right reasons...
Most employment contracts (I wouldn't think footballers ones are much different in reality) contain a clause along the lines that you must refrain from doing something that would or was likely to bring your employer into disrepute / tarnish their name etc. It's open to interpretation much of the time as to whether an action has such an effect, but I'd bet there's loads of case law out there that has specifically covered this type of crap. At the very least, it'll be open to the club to take disciplinary action in circumstances like these, under that clause. Whether that would lead to dismissal is another matter entirely. Very much doubt it would personally given that he'll be out of contract in 6 months, and the threat of Legge suing the club with the backing of the PFA would bring unwanted media attention all on its own.

3 hours ago, Joe B said:

I've had enough of Legge now.

He has his view, and to a certain extent I can understand it considering his condition.

However, he's now dragging our club's name through national negative attention. 

I get a bit angry, and have to calm myself down, when I think of the Vale fans we lost early to this virus (one in particular, who the club's existence and recent success is indebted heavily to). We had a 10 minute long remembrance service in the opening home game; a good number of the names read out would have passed away due to COVID. 

Leon has been a good player for us but he needs to remember who he is representing. He's entitled to his (in my opinion wrong) views but airing on social media several times a day + getting drawn into arguments is difficult to defend when there's Vale fans not in the stands on Saturdays because of COVID.

I would hope he's reminded of who his views are being associated with and how hard it can be for fans to read this sort of stuff.

Great point about the service that we held.  Just shows it mustn't have meant anything to him and highlights yet another slap in the face of the club from those  within. 

Great point about the service that we held.  Just shows it mustn't have meant anything to him and highlights yet another slap in the face of the club from those  within. 
Wonder if he knows he won't be round next season so doesn't give a toss what fans think funny how he's just become so chatty on twitter I think he's deliberately becoming an embarrasment

Archived