onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Exeter City

Fosse69

Advert

45 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Not great results today.  Tranmere now level and played same amount of games. 

Still it's what we do but other results can help. 

Not too bad: Newport, Leyton Orient and Harrogate lost. The last two drawing would have been even better, but hey ho...

Well the inevitable has happened. Leon Legge has been called out on twitter by Piers Morgan. Piers was fishing with a silly tweet but Legge called him a <ovf censored> and then Morgan tweets about the vale game getting called off and tagging Legge.

Why oh why do we always have one idiot damaging what is such a growing reputation.

Well the inevitable has happened. Leon Legge has been called out on twitter by Piers Morgan. Piers was fishing with a silly tweet but Legge called him a and then Morgan tweets about the vale game getting called off and tagging Legge.

Why oh why do we always have one idiot damaging what is such a growing reputation.
So once again we have a so called 'senior pro' bringing the club into disrepute on social media by posting idiotic things and slinging personal abuse. Be interesting how Carol deals with this

I've had enough of Legge now.

He has his view, and to a certain extent I can understand it considering his condition.

However, he's now dragging our club's name through national negative attention. 

I get a bit angry, and have to calm myself down, when I think of the Vale fans we lost early to this virus (one in particular, who the club's existence and recent success is indebted heavily to). We had a 10 minute long remembrance service in the opening home game; a good number of the names read out would have passed away due to COVID. 

Leon has been a good player for us but he needs to remember who he is representing. He's entitled to his (in my opinion wrong) views but airing on social media several times a day + getting drawn into arguments is difficult to defend when there's Vale fans not in the stands on Saturdays because of COVID.

I would hope he's reminded of who his views are being associated with and how hard it can be for fans to read this sort of stuff.

Sack the numpty off. Carol and co have done so so well to get this club respected, it’s been dragged through the mud for years and they have done so well and increased the reputation of the club. Legge is destroying this. He can have his opinion but is supposedly a professional and should act like one. Get rid. 

Whilst I’m an advocate of free speech, and appreciate that COVID is a very emotive topic, I have to say I would’ve hoped that someone within the club would’ve had a quiet word with Leon about his previous tweets on the subject and that would’ve been the end of it, thereby avoiding this latest episode.

In his profile he has player for Port Vale and links the club site. At the bare minimum he should say, if he is going to post controversial stuff, professional footballer, these opinions are my own.   No way should he be linking his ramblings with the  Vale in any way. Surprised he's got away with it for so long to be honest. 

In his profile he has player for Port Vale and links the club site. At the bare minimum he should say, if he is going to post controversial stuff, professional footballer, these opinions are my own.   No way should he be linking his ramblings with the  Vale in any way. Surprised he's got away with it for so long to be honest. 
Sad thing is so did Pope. It seemed that it was only when the EFL took issue that the club did to (or were at least seen to)

I’ve not an issue with Leggey not having or wanting it with his epilepsy in mind I can totally understand his concern but needs to maybe control talk on it publicly to end up in a twitter spat with Piers Morgan of all people!

I didn’t agree with Morgan as to the post that antagonised the reaction from Leggey but he didn’t need to bite there.

4 hours ago, Conrad said:

Piers Morgan is a bit more clever than Legge, hook ,line and sinker come to mind.

Couldn’t agree more, I’ve not read legge’s comments, but first thing I thought when I read that Piers Morgan’s was involved is that he’s a chasm smarter than legge !!!!! 

14 minutes ago, rider1308 said:

Couldn’t agree more, I’ve not read legge’s comments, but first thing I thought when I read that Piers Morgan’s was involved is that he’s a chasm smarter than legge !!!!! 

I think chasm is generous considering how much of a tool Legge is.

Someone above mentioned how he wouldn't take the vaccine based on epilepsy (although I do know someone with epilepsy and whilst may not be as severe, he's had his booster) - but we would never know that based on his social media presence. I'm not even sure where it's quoted he said that? I don't believe it anyway,

1) Because he isn't smart enough to write his own coherent argument for getting the vaccine and it's easier to just retweet drivel from someone with 2k followers in the US.
2) He doesn't actually mention his epilepsy unless it's for his own profitable gain in some way for his own marketing/imaging purposes (which ironically are now down the toilet).

He's one of these who probably fancies himself as a pundit on quest when he retires where in reality he is another lower league journeymen/wannabe boxer like Pope.

Still raw for me this, just get rid of him. Couldn't give a toss about his past accolades, captaincy or heading ability. So incomprehensively dumb he's dangerous.

Archived