onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Exeter City

Fosse69

Advert

He’s untitled to his opinion if folks are daft enough read them it’s up to them 
Yes I agree to an extent but where's the line? If his comments were banging on about black people or disabled people suggesting, say, that they should all be locked up or hanged, would you still be defending him. It is funny how attacking some groups of people (in this case those with gender issues) is considered by some to be perfectly acceptable yet other groups (such as black people etc) is rightly condemned by all

Not sure if it’s been mentioned but Rick Parry(EFL) says the criteria for teams expected  to play is having 14 available players.
Just seen the Villa game get pulled. A combination of covid, injuries and illness was the criteria. So they aren't just cancelling games due to covid cases. So not actually sure if we have covid sweeping the camp or it's injuries and illness. Either way I hope they bin off the next three fixtures to give us an opportunity to get some players back.
It will make for a boring festive period, but it gives us a better opportunity to play these fixtures at full strength.

This match thread has moved a bit off topic but whatever your views on what Leon Legge, or any other player for that matter, posts on their social media, like it or not they are a representative of the club, their employer, and as such should be mindful of that when posting on their various accounts.  I know of 2 instances where individuals have been sacked for posting comments/content deemed inappropriate by their employer.

I’m not passing judgement on Legge, and certainly not suggesting he should be sacked, but I’d suggest his comments should be more neutral, similar to your typical player interview.

2 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

This match thread has moved a bit off topic but whatever your views on what Leon Legge, or any other player for that matter, posts on their social media, like it or not they are a representative of the club, their employer, and as such should be mindful of that when posting on their various accounts.  I know of 2 instances where individuals have been sacked for posting comments/content deemed inappropriate by their employer.

I’m not passing judgement on Legge, and certainly not suggesting he should be sacked, but I’d suggest his comments should be more neutral, similar to your typical player interview.

I respect this has gone a bit off topic, but it's this kind of thing that sets the tone for the kind of moral fibre of the club. That and there isn't a game to talk about.

Having read through his twitter this morning, I am passing judgement on Legge and suggesting that he probably should be sacked, the same way I felt about Pope suggesting we are being controlled by Jews, we allowed him to take the piss out of Vale fans over the years. 

If not sacked at the very least suspended and somehow shown the door to play at a lower level (where his one dimensional defending belongs). 

It's the level of disrespect for people who have suffered with this I'm struggling to comprehend. Letting a pea brained footballer directly contradict the club, the owners, the hubb foundation and probably his fellow professionals is to me enough to sack him.

If anyone can show me other L2/L1 footballers with this kind of level of twitter <ovf censored> i'd suggest they be sacked as well. His comments and retweets are consistent enough for me to dismiss how 'professional' his conduct is in the future. 

I also like how he hates Zuckerberg but doesn't mind being in the twitter universe 24/7 to moan about his boohoo men delivery. It makes a good echo chamber for his 'views' and retweets, so easy to pick and choose your social media platforms when your not being 'controlled' by the illuminati.

Being a footballer is a weird profession. People try to deem it 'just a job' but, whether footballers like/agree with it or not, they are the most visible representatives of vital social institutions. A lot of people are very reliant on football clubs, and therefore footballers, for things like community, friends, social interaction, and mental health.

Leon Legge, and previously Tom Pope, have the right to hold whatever view they want to. Sometimes, when you hold certain positions, you have to be careful what views you share on public platforms. We've all been there. I worked in education and had to be very careful what I'd put on social media. 

I think it's right that Legge reminds himself is is a former captain of a club which has lost a large number of fans to this pandemic. He has every right to his own view but sharing it publicly and, at times aggressively, on a profile in which he labels himself a Port Vale player, is a dangerous game he's playing in my view. It's up to him what he does but he also then has to deal with the consequences. 

There will be a lot of Port Vale fans still grieving the early loss of loved ones and reading Legge tweet this sort of stuff must be difficult to reconcile when they then see him pull on the Vale shirt on Saturdays.

I don't think Legge should be sacked. He'll be released at the end of the season anyway. But I do question the wisdom of putting him out to face the media for the pre match Exeter press conference when he's off on Twitter posting such rubbish as the pandemic starts to bite again

6 minutes ago, Jermaine Holwynn said:

I respect this has gone a bit off topic, but it's this kind of thing that sets the tone for the kind of moral fibre of the club. That and there isn't a game to talk about.

Having read through his twitter this morning, I am passing judgement on Legge and suggesting that he probably should be sacked, the same way I felt about Pope suggesting we are being controlled by Jews, we allowed him to take the piss out of Vale fans over the years. 

If not sacked at the very least suspended and somehow shown the door to play at a lower level (where his one dimensional defending belongs). 

It's the level of disrespect for people who have suffered with this I'm struggling to comprehend. Letting a pea brained footballer directly contradict the club, the owners, the hubb foundation and probably his fellow professionals is to me enough to sack him.

If anyone can show me other L2/L1 footballers with this kind of level of twitter <ovf censored> i'd suggest they be sacked as well. His comments and retweets are consistent enough for me to dismiss how 'professional' his conduct is in the future. 

I also like how he hates Zuckerberg but doesn't mind being in the twitter universe 24/7 to moan about his boohoo men delivery. It makes a good echo chamber for his 'views' and retweets, so easy to pick and choose your social media platforms when your not being 'controlled' by the illuminati.

Have to admit I’ve not read it.  My time is too precious.

5 minutes ago, Tony Rodriguez said:

I find it odd that we (and other clubs) do not make it a condition of a player's contract that they do not post on social media.

If FGR can dictate what their players eat then surely the above would be permissable.

There will almost certainly be something in the contracts which covers this.  Obviously it’s up to the club to decide what is/isn’t acceptable and intervene if deemed necessary, then follow whatever process they have in place, which, if I remember correctly, was the situation with Pope. 

I personally don't give a shìt what Legge, or any other footballer's opinion is on absolutely anything.

For some reason, footballer's seem to think their opinions are always right, and feel the need to voice it as loud as possible. Sad really. 

Time for a baileys. Merry Christmas you filthy animals.. (just my opinion ofcourse)

Archived