onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Exeter City

Fosse69

Back to Vale Park after 4 away games in 2 weeks, with 3 of the 6 points at stake and a place in round 3 of the FA Cup, an overall success worthy of a big welcome back.  A depleted Vale is facing permanent promotion chasers Exeter in 5th place 2 points below us. 2 home defeats, against Cobblers and Tranmere, will make them keen for the points. Hopefully we will be boosted by the return of some injured players, Rodney and Worrall at least and the quashing of Jones`s red card, also a clear week of recuperation/training without a mid-week game.  A Garrity hat-trick would be ideal for my Xmas stocking, Up the Vale.

Advert

Still favourites for this one, and a great one to win to make a little gap.

No excuses, get the win.

Cov

Woz Cass Legge Smith Gibbo

Pett Conlon Garrity

Politic Rodney

If not due to injuries, we still have the team to beat these.

Attack is the best form of defence .

Billy Paynter can he play with Eden Baileyup front think we need Garrity back in midfield (that lad is  exceptional) .

What's Popey up too local lad loves the Vale does he want help us out this league  

Seriously though lets hope Worrall and Rodney are back 

UTV 

6 hours ago, osprey said:

When are injured due back- any idea on best scenario ?

Think DC said, we hope to have a couple of bodies back by next Saturday after the game. But the problem is, we keep picking up little knocks. The only injury we really know what is, is Wilson. And a broken toe takes 4-6 weeks to heal. He's been out for about a month now, so I guess it's a matter of a few weeks now

Traditionally the week before Xmas game is not a good turnout with Xmas shopping and folk being short of coin etc with spending lots on gifts etc so really could do with this game being axed till a future date where folk will be there in there numbers support the club .

Just being on other teams forums and they all saying the same thing season ticket holders going Xmas markets etc and having do Xmas shopping so I think this sat will be Vales lowest home Saturday attendance of season as we only actually count the folk who are there .

The covid thing doesn't help (I'm fully vaccinated now but I'm sure me lads only had one Jab and me nephew has covid caught it v Burton how I have no idea ).

So I for one hope it gets called off injuries to key players the  main reason we need them back then we can resume the season you wouldnt expect a builder build a house without bricks well the same applies to a football team you cannot play to a level you need to without all your strikers although watching Man City last night gave me a idea I'd play Conlon as a false centre forward he can do what foden did I'm sure of it with Politic one side and Worrall the other  

UTV 

I think we've learnt across the last few games that without strikers the ceiling or heights this team can achieve is greatly reduced.

Yes we beat bristol rovers, but arguably it was a bit of a freak game and a defeat of their own doing with the two red cards. Followed by a commited game against newport but no real threat.

The outcome of the exeter game for me is more reliant on what type of performance exeter put in. Looking at their recent fixtures they are in a bit of a slump now after a patch of outstanding form. Does anyone know if there is anything up with them (key injuries etc) or just that they have played lots of games (including replayed first round fa cup ties) and some decent teams (northampton & tranmere). Either way i hope their mini slump continues and a battling vale performance gets us some points.

1 hour ago, Hitcher said:

I think we've learnt across the last few games that without strikers the ceiling or heights this team can achieve is greatly reduced.

Yes we beat bristol rovers, but arguably it was a bit of a freak game and a defeat of their own doing with the two red cards. Followed by a commited game against newport but no real threat.

The outcome of the exeter game for me is more reliant on what type of performance exeter put in. Looking at their recent fixtures they are in a bit of a slump now after a patch of outstanding form. Does anyone know if there is anything up with them (key injuries etc) or just that they have played lots of games (including replayed first round fa cup ties) and some decent teams (northampton & tranmere). Either way i hope their mini slump continues and a battling vale performance gets us some points.

They have a few injuries, Noumbe who scored loads in recent weeks (9 overall) is out for months and think they've a few others out in key areas.

1 hour ago, mikey said:

Given the current Covid situation, it's important that we win this and stay in the top 3, as if the season is curtailed again we don't want to miss out like we did last time.

Hoping we have a couple of players back to boost the squad. 

Very good point the way things are going.

Were it halted right now we'd be 4th as Swindon have a game in hand. So PPG would be above us .

Archived