Covid Passports

DaneValiant

I went England v Germany in the Euro's and you had to have one, you had a line of stewards before the turnstile area and they just glanced at it, wasn't majorly detailed in terms of looking at it but took seconds.

You'd just need a couple of stewards checking down the queue before you go in in front of entraces.

When buying a weeks pass on the bus the app turns the camera on so that you can't just show a screenshot of someone else's pass. This makes it fast and simple to check it as they just have to glance at it.

This has been in use for years and means that the driver can check the pass without delay.

The government covid pass has a QR code that can be scanned (presumably on a scanner that is only sold by a tory minister's mate's company). Without buying a scanner you have to check the pass against ID to ensure that it isn't a forgery and even then it would be simple to forge.

Both take time and if you don't want to purchase
costly scanners means that to let people in in a reasonable time you aren't going to perform sufficient checks to ensure that people aren't using other people's passes or expired passes.

The pass is on the NHS app not the Covid app. Considering how long it took them to even set up an app it all seems really poorly thought out.Screenshot_20211215-185701_Dropbox.jpg

12 minutes ago, bycars rob said:

Surely having recovered from covid should count towards your covid passport. I`m sure the immunity from having the disease is better than any vaccine. 

A lot of countries count this but we dont, when I went Iceland in June you could only enter if vaccinated OR had recovered at the time for example.

4 minutes ago, valefan16 said:

A lot of countries count this but we dont, when I went Iceland in June you could only enter if vaccinated OR had recovered at the time for example.

Here in Denmark we do, but also don't. All clinical research proves, that you imunity after infection, lasts longer than the vaccine. Yet, your covid passport is valid longer with vaccine, than with infection. Go figure... When you've had Covid and is declared healthy again, your Covid passport is suspended for 2 weeks. So you can't go anywhere, without a test. Once again, go figure... 

Went for a Christmas meal in Newcastle on Saturday night. Had my Covid pass at the ready but the door staff asked for drivers license and weren't interested in the Covid pass. None of the staff inside were wearing masks, so yeah

6 minutes ago, Wrex said:

Went for a Christmas meal in Newcastle on Saturday night. Had my Covid pass at the ready but the door staff asked for drivers license and weren't interested in the Covid pass. None of the staff inside were wearing masks, so yeah

Dont have to in hospitality settings...

One of those bizarre rules like work from home but have your works Xmas Party!