onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Covid Passports

DaneValiant

"New coronavirus rules will come into force next week which include a recommendation for people to work from home, as well as Covid certification to enter large venues and nightclubs.

It affects indoor venues holding more than 500 people and outdoor venues with a capacity of more than 4,000.

A negative lateral flow test will also be acceptable"

Could make for some big queues at the turnstiles... How will clubs implement this? Do we all have to wave our NHS phone apps (or covid testing kit) at the turnstile operator?

Advert

As the Vale is a seated venue i believe it is 10,000. May be an issue for the 3rd round of the cup but not for any league games just yet

Yep you're right. 10000 it is. Shouldn't affect us at all, even for the cup game, though that one may be close. By then, however, I wouldn't be surprised if crowds were banned altogether

Just now, philmpv said:
2 minutes ago, NellyTheValiant said:
Is it not based on ground capacity not how many are in attendance?

I've taken it as actual attendance but I could be wrong.

Got no chance of that how they going know the attendance until we’re all in there singing and jumping on each other 

Attendance thresholds

Under these proposals, whether a venue or an event would be required to implement certification would depend on the specific characteristics of the setting. If a venue hosted an event where the number of attendees was below the relevant thresholds, or where the design of the setting (in the case of indoor settings with 500 or more attendees or outdoor settings with 4,000 or more attendees) was altered, such as by operating a seated event, then certification would not be required.

For attendance thresholds specifically, a venue would need to decide ahead of an event whether or not it would limit attendees to below the relevant threshold. If it was not implementing certification, it would need to ensure that the attendance thresholds were not exceeded at any point during the event. For example, a venue could host an outdoor event with 4,000 or more attendees throughout the day without requiring certification but would not be able to permit 4,000 or more attendees at any one point during the course of the event.

Outdoor events with 4,000 or more attendees

Events at outdoor settings with 4,000 or more attendees would be required to implement certification where those attending the event are likely to stand or move around during all or part of the event. As per indoor events with 500 or more attendees, this also would not include events at outdoor settings where someone only leaves their seat to go to the bathroom, obtain food or drink, or leave the event

So it probably will affect us?

Got no chance of that how they going know the attendance until we’re all in there singing and jumping on each other 
Require tickets to be purchased by a certain date with no further tickets sold after, or sell no more than the threshold limits? Caveat with the former would obviously have to be that a covid passport may be necessary and people know that risk when deciding whether to buy or not.

3 minutes ago, philmpv said:
12 minutes ago, Packmoor_vale said:

Require tickets to be purchased by a certain date with no further tickets sold after, or sell no more than the threshold limits?

Just a nightmare ain’t it mate 

The new rules will affect all 17 Premier League games scheduled between 15-19 December, with Brentford, Manchester City and Norwich - who all play on Tuesday - the only teams not to have a home game in this time.

A Covid pass will also be required at all 10 Championship games in England from 15-19 December, as well as seven of the 12 League One games and six of the 12 League Two games next week.

The new rules will affect all 17 Premier League games scheduled between 15-19 December, with Brentford, Manchester City and Norwich - who all play on Tuesday - the only teams not to have a home game in this time.

A Covid pass will also be required at all 10 Championship games in England from 15-19 December, as well as seven of the 12 League One games and six of the 12 League Two games next week.

Maybe is based on capacity rather than attendance in that case…

It's been here in Wales for a while and it's a bit of a nonsense to be honest. 

I rock up to the ground with my phone containing a photo of my Covid pass and a photo of my E ticket. 

First there's the Covid check. I show that photo to a hi-viz fellow who gorps at it from a distance without actually holding or touching my phone, so I would be amazed if he was paying anything more than lip service to what's displayed on it. (I'd go so far as to say he'd need superhuman vision to be able to read either name or expiry date).

Then my e ticket gets scanned with a proper scanner.  Then I'm in.

(Once you've found the online link it only takes a couple of minutes to get the pass). 

Archived