onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Politic NOT being recalled!!!

Doha

The Bolton News - Ian Evatt explains why Bolton Wanderers will not recall Dennis Politic from Port Vale

IAN Evatt says Dennis Politic has not played enough during his time on loan at Port Vale to consider recalling him in January.

The Bolton boss insists the 21-year-old attacker has a future at Wanderers – if he wants it – but feels neither the club, nor the player would benefit from him returning to the UniBol next month.

Advert

I'm a bit confused as the quotes from Evatt don't outright say he won't be recalled, but the headline does.

Evatt basically says that as long as he doesn't get many minutes here he won't be recalled.

There's a good chance he plays the full 90 for the next 5 games until we can sign a forward, and potential more throughout January when they will still retain a recall clause.

I admit it's made more unlikely as I don't think Politic will like these comments, but until Evatt outright says 'he's staying at Vale' I'm going with the view that Bolton will have him back.

It also begs the question of, if he's not getting many minutes here (primarily due to our wing-back system), why not recall him and loan him to a club who play with proper wingers where he's guaranteed minutes?

None of this makes much sense - it strikes me of some silly gamesmanship, which I can't quite work out, as part of the contract negotiations.

“Play regular games, get his confidence and his fitness back. He has had injury issues while he has been away, and then we can re-evaluate. For now, though, there is nothing we can do in December, the window is another month away. A lot can happen.”

Hi guys, as a Wanderers fan and also one of the many DP fans, I’m gutted Denis isn’t coming back and I can assure you he isn’t. There was no need to send him out in the first place rather than bed him back in here off the bench exactly as he has done with “his” signings who weren’t fit to play 90 minutes. Clearly Evatt doesn’t see him in his side so will let him go, despite the fact that most fans believe he’s exactly what we need right now. There’s zero chance of Evatt leaving any time soon and to be fair most don’t want him to, so we have to see what signings he makes in January to see if it’s a good decision or not. I’d say that leaves the door open for you to sign him and I think that you would have a super  acquisition for free. Good luck to the lad wherever he ends up and I hope we see you both in L1 next season, assuming we’re still there of course!! 😉

49 minutes ago, Dan de lyon said:

Hi guys, as a Wanderers fan and also one of the many DP fans, I’m gutted Denis isn’t coming back and I can assure you he isn’t. There was no need to send him out in the first place rather than bed him back in here off the bench exactly as he has done with “his” signings who weren’t fit to play 90 minutes. Clearly Evatt doesn’t see him in his side so will let him go, despite the fact that most fans believe he’s exactly what we need right now. There’s zero chance of Evatt leaving any time soon and to be fair most don’t want him to, so we have to see what signings he makes in January to see if it’s a good decision or not. I’d say that leaves the door open for you to sign him and I think that you would have a super  acquisition for free. Good luck to the lad wherever he ends up and I hope we see you both in L1 next season, assuming we’re still there of course!! 😉

Genuinely, what is Evatt's aim here?

He is a 21 year old coming off an awful injury who is changing games. He isn't the most consistent but he has turned three games on their head for us, mostly out of position/late on. He's miles away from the finished article but is massively inexperienced and has the quality to win points by himself.

Why would Bolton not at least get him back in the building? If you're losing him on a free/compensation in the summer anyway, you might as well get him to win some points for you?

Is it just pettiness from Evatt who is fuming that Politic didn't sign the contract? Is it some weird mind-game to get him back to the negotiating table? Does he just not rate him? Has Politic's agent outright said he isn't signing anything? Has Evatt's ego taken a hit as a player he was criticised for loaning out is doing well (his comments seemed a bit snarky), and recalling him would be an admittance he got it wrong?

Just a very strange situation. If we benefit from it then great.

1 hour ago, Joe B said:

He is a 21 year old coming off an awful injury who is changing games. He isn't the most consistent but he has turned three games on their head for us, mostly out of position/late on. He's miles away from the finished article but is massively inexperienced and has the quality to win points by himself.

Why would Bolton not at least get him back in the building? If you're losing him on a free/compensation in the summer anyway, you might as well get him to win some points for you?

Is it just pettiness from Evatt who is fuming that Politic didn't sign the contract? Is it some weird mind-game to get him back to the negotiating table? Does he just not rate him? Has Politic's agent outright said he isn't signing anything? Has Evatt's ego taken a hit as a player he was criticised for loaning out is doing well (his comments seemed a bit snarky), and recalling him would be an admittance he got it wrong?

It's an odd one from Evatt's perspective as he's kind of forced himself into a corner with those comments

I'm surprised he rose to answering the questions in such detail. It would have been far easier for him to give a "political" answer and say something bland like "I'm following Dennis' spell at Vale Park closely but I'll wait till January to make any decision." 

Then again, as Joe B says, if we benefit from it then great...

7 hours ago, Joe B said:

We’re asking all those same questions here Joe, it really doesn’t make any logical sense. Evatt has this aversion to playing our young players in front of “his” signings, which is irrational for a start and has loaned most out to find them a home. Our two best, DP and Ronan Darcy were both  sent out but offered new contracts. Darcy signed, Denis didn’t and it seems to have peed off Evatt. I don’t think he’s playing mind games here, he’s not going to call Denis back because he’s been promised money in January to bring in new players, which by all accounts he’s already got lined up. You’re right about ego though, he’s full of himself. I like people with confidence but I’m afraid Evatt goes way over the top. In fact it embarrasses us at times, so it looks like if you want Denis, you can have him for free. Utter madness to me but it must make sense to Evatt!! I really shouldn’t say this but if and hopefully when you get up next year, I’d love Denis to shove a hat trick down his throat against us and then you to get multi millions for his transfer onwards. Did I really just say that? What a sheet fan I am. 🤣😔

Archived