Match Thread: Newport County v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert:

14 hours ago, theresonlyonemcphee said:

Can’t see us dropping Gibbo at the moment!!

Stone

Cass Smith Jones

Gibbons Pett Conlon Benning

Worrall Garrity Politic

Pretty decent that, but if Woz, Politic and Rodney are crocked after going off on Tues, might I offer:

Stone

Gibbo     Cass       Smith      Jones

Walker

Pett             Conlon

Garrity

Big Leon        Big Lucas

All the long diagonal balls in the world from Jones, Gibbo, Pett and Conlon, all the long throws, Garrity ratting around for knock-downs and second balls, basically just Sutton them to death, would make Pope-ball look like tiki-taka, they won't know what's hit 'em! BOOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Whoever is chosen tomorrow for sure they will have a go and as a fan thats good enough for me always .

Should go out with all the confidence in the world I mean last year in the corresponding fixture big Leon got sent off and we didn't really put our best performance in but still it took a 39 year old striker score the winner versus us Kevin  Ellison .

Does he still play for them .

Not about them on there own right there a decent side but we concentrate on what we are good at and if we do that who's to say  we will not be victorious once again .

Hope we are 

I see a goal for Gibbons and Conlon and Smith .

I see nothing for them 

UTV 

Edited by Breadwinner
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Breadwinner said:

Whoever is chosen tomorrow for sure they will have a go and as a fan thats good enough for me always .

Should go out with all the confidence in the world I mean last year in the corresponding fixture big Leon got sent off and we didn't really put our best performance in but still it took a 39 year old striker score the winner versus us Kevin  Ellison .

Not about them on there own right there a decent side but we concentrate on what we are good at and if we do that who's to say  we will not be victorious once again .

Hope we are 

I see nothing for them 

UTV 

Mystic Bread

6 hours ago, darren1810 said:

We are also in an exclusive club of 4 or 5 who haven't conceded in the first 15 minutes of a game.  

When I come out with things like that, the inevitable happens!

Hope tomorrow isn't a game too far for us with the injury crisis. Newport are a pretty good side and they seem to have a ton of shots every game, so creating chances doesn't seem to be a problem at all for them. I'd happily take a point all day long tomorrow. I probably also would have done had we had some of our forward in fairness.

Advert:

On 08/12/2021 at 14:00, mbycars said:

Just a reminder to fans going to Rodney Parade on Saturday. You have to show your vaccination status or proof of a negative test otherwise you will be refused entry as they have different rules in Wales.

yeh they are welsh remember.😄

1 hour ago, Breadwinner said:

Hope we are 

I see nothing for them 

UTV 

notice ryan innes was sent of last week!😁

16 hours ago, Beech said:

When I come out with things like that, the inevitable happens!

Hope tomorrow isn't a game too far for us with the injury crisis. Newport are a pretty good side and they seem to have a ton of shots every game, so creating chances doesn't seem to be a problem at all for them. I'd happily take a point all day long tomorrow. I probably also would have done had we had some of our forward in fairness.

Yes it's always tempting fate though I think these are the opposite and are late goal Kings.  

Cue a first minute opener ! 

Snap your hand of for a draw,  very difficult game and not a happy hunting ground, however nor were Swindon and Scunny. 

Advert:

Advert:

Good luck to all the team today. Be about as challenging in terms of the circumstances as we will face this season. Anything we pick up today will be a huge bonus and if you’d said before the Rovers game midweek we’d have picked up three points from these two games I’d have been more than content.

• Like 2