Jump to content

  • OVF player sponsorship 2022

    £10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Match Thread: Newport County v Port Vale


Fosse69

Recommended Posts

Advert:


Very disappointing today, I get we are depleted in the forward areas but I did not think the midfield would get completely overrun which is what happened.  I thought all 3 midfielders were really poor and never in the game and regardless of who was up front the service was awful.  For me I thought with Worrall injured it was the perfect chance to get Gibbo on the right and bring Benning back in on the left.  I thought taking Legge off was a mistake, should have put him up front, we were just kicking it long and Legge one of the few good headers of a ball we have, 10 minutes to go would have been an option.  Not seen a replay of the red card yet, thought it was a good tackle at the time myself, however a couple said looked dangerous.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, philmpv said:

Weirdly, this continues the run that we haven't won in the League yet when Legges played!

Are you saying of all the games Legges played for the vale, we hav’nt won any of them?

i find that hard to believe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, valefan79 said:

Very disappointing today, I get we are depleted in the forward areas but I did not think the midfield would get completely overrun which is what happened.  I thought all 3 midfielders were really poor and never in the game and regardless of who was up front the service was awful.  For me I thought with Worrall injured it was the perfect chance to get Gibbo on the right and bring Benning back in on the left.  I thought taking Legge off was a mistake, should have put him up front, we were just kicking it long and Legge one of the few good headers of a ball we have, 10 minutes to go would have been an option.  Not seen a replay of the red card yet, thought it was a good tackle at the time myself, however a couple said looked dangerous.

100% agree with all of this but basically it was a game too far.

We could've pushed Legge forward after they scored and used him as a target to feed off, in the same way that Oldham did, and completely bypassed midfield rather than try, under the circumstances, to play a bit too much football football.

I'll also add that Politic needs to show far more to avoid being labelled a super sub, the longer the game wore on the less effective he became.

The ref today was the total opposite of the ref we had Tuesday, swings and roundabouts I guess.  I felt their first goal came from a foul that wasn't given.  We had the rub of the green with the ref Tuesday but not today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Conrad said:

Are you saying of all the games Legges played for the vale, we hav’nt won any of them?

i find that hard to believe.

Five league games, three draws and two defeats. So a small sample size. And to be fair two were 0-0 draws and he is a defender, so did his job those days.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advert:


8 hours ago, Wrex said:

Five league games, three draws and two defeats. So a small sample size. And to be fair two were 0-0 draws and he is a defender, so did his job those days.

We would have lost by more without legge yesterday. Put his head on everything in the first half

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Leon Legge is generally excellent however do we play 20 yards further back when he plays just watched the lowlights apart from Garritys goal what the hell did we do in that game .

It was all Newport .

I'm sure i was watching Vale players walking about no damn wonder they lost .

As for the sending off its a red all day long .

UTV 

Edited by Breadwinner

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advert:


I think it’s very unlikely that red will be rescinded. What a fantastic decision considering we’re already down to the bare bones. A little harsh but why give the ref the chance to make the call?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, 1 said:

I think it’s very unlikely that red will be rescinded. What a fantastic decision considering we’re already down to the bare bones. A little harsh but why give the ref the chance to make the call?

What do u want him do not tackle and let the lad run through then probably get booed from his own fans for not tackling 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Wrex said:

Five league games, three draws and two defeats. So a small sample size. And to be fair two were 0-0 draws and he is a defender, so did his job those days.

Coincidence, and more to do with who hasn’t played in those games. And treating Carlisle like they were Barca based on guesswork, when in truth they’re 20-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advert:


13 minutes ago, 1 said:

I think it’s very unlikely that red will be rescinded. What a fantastic decision considering we’re already down to the bare bones. A little harsh but why give the ref the chance to make the call?

Maybe because the ball was there to be won, he won it cleanly, 1 footed.  Their player went over his outstretched leg and their players surrounded the ref who I don't think had a decent view of it at all.  IMHO it was a great challenge and I said so at the game.

I thought that the tackle by Pett earlier in the game was far worse, he got a yellow.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe because the ball was there to be won, he won it cleanly, 1 footed.  Their player went over his outstretched leg and their players surrounded the ref who I don't think had a decent view of it at all.  IMHO it was a great challenge and I said so at the game.
I thought that the tackle by Pett earlier in the game was far worse, he got a yellow.
I agree having just seen the highlights. No way is that worth a red. Obviously their reaction has swayed the ref. Having said that the lad wasn't in the clear and there were other defenders so maybe Jones could have let him go. At 2-1 down though we were technically still in it so he's got to put in a challenge

Sent from my I3113 using onevalefan mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Reporting Posts and Ignoring Users

    • Admin don't read everything. Don't assume we'll spot rule breaking. Please report posts and we'll act ASAP. If you're logged in use the orange report post button. If you're not logged in, please - Contact us here
    • If you can't get on with another user you can "ignore" them. Follow the link, type in their username and save - Click here
    • Check with admin if you wish to sell/auction any items. We're happy to support good causes but check first - Contact us here
  • Friends of OVF




×
×
  • Create New...