Match Thread: Newport County v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert:

Credit where credit's due, Newport played the best 90 mins any team have played against Vale this season and they topped it off with two superb goals.  It would have been a tough ask even if we had a full squad, IMHO Vale competed well especially 1st half.

Never a red, Jones was first to the ball, their player fell over him.

Couldn't understand the subs unless for injury.

Vale just got to scrap it out until a forward can be signed, try to amass as many points as possible and stay in and around the promo/play-off places.

I still think we're the best side in this league when everybody is fit. The points we've dropped from winning positions... Newport, Oldham, Rochdale, Sutton. I'd have taken a point today but always really disappointing when taken the lead.

We need to make sure this period doesn't derail our season. Pick up scabby points, shithouse our way through. Every point is vital.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Biddulph_PV said:

Never expected anything today but can’t help but feel disappointed that having got our noses in front we come away with nothing. The number of times this has happened is this ridiculous…today, Oldham, Sutton, Rochdale. 

We have thrown points away by not defending hit and hope balls better in our box but you really can't put todays game in the same context as Oldham,Sutton,Rochdale.

Advert:

2 minutes ago, ValeForever. said:

I still think we're the best side in this league when everybody is fit. The points we've dropped from winning positions... Newport, Oldham, Rochdale, Sutton. I'd have taken a point today but always really disappointing when taken the lead.

We need to make sure this period doesn't derail our season. Pick up scabby points, shithouse our way through. Every point is vital.

We are certainly an exciting team to follow.

For all those games we have lost from being in front, we have won from behind at Burton, Crawley, Barrow and Orient. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Biddulph_PV said:

Never expected anything today but can’t help but feel disappointed that having got our noses in front we come away with nothing. The number of times this has happened is this ridiculous…today, Oldham, Sutton, Rochdale. 

This is what frustrates me too. We often sit back when in front rather than trying to pin the opposition back and killing the game off. This has happened on at least 4 occasions now where we we’ve ended up dropping points.

This is more a generalisation of the whole season, not just today. Today was never going to be pretty, I get that.

• Like 1

Always raw after the final whistle when emotions run high 

Barrow v Swindon, Exeter v Northampton,  Orient v Crawley. 

If you'd told me at 3-00pm we'd match their points tally I'd of expected that we'd of won. 

Other than Newport winning its been an okay ish day . 

Keep the faith chaps we have to hang in there by hook or by crook 

• Like 3

Advert:

Newport one point behind us now. 

I'm not sure we have the backbone for a promotion push .

Losing from winning positions tells me we have a weak mentality .

Credit to Newport .

How many defeats that .

Any more than 10 and no chance of finishing in top 3 .

To be honest we are probably at best a 7th placed side .

Obviously we would like them to be better but not to be .

Prove me wrong Vale 

Edited by Breadwinner
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, Doha said:

Ironically given their commentator apparently embarrassed himself by talking utter wibble about crime in Stoke on Trent, I've heard a Vale coach has been bricked? 

Sounds like there was crowd trouble at the Sjoke ground as well.  So maybe the commentator was correct about sjoke fans.

If that did happen hope the Vale fans are okay.

Edited by PVFC764

Advert:

3 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

Credit to Newport .

How many defeats that .

Prove me wrong Vale 

As has been mentioned above we’ve also won this season from losing positions. We weren’t exactly weak against Orient for example. We’ve just competed hard away from home against a team in red hot form with our entire forward line decimated and they needed two goals in the the last twenty minutes to beat us. We are going to be more than fine.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

Credit to Newport .

How many defeats that .

Prove me wrong Vale 

Very harsh mate. We are easily one of the best  teams in the division. 

4 of FGR goals today scored by Matt and Stevens. Long term injury to them coupled with no Cadden and they'd struggle. 

Our injury list is incredible.  Yes it's part and parcel but to not even have them spread around the positions is terrible luck.

Keep the faith mate . Exeter suddenly struggling we can eke out a win next week I hope. 

Edited by darren1810
  • Like 5