onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Newport County v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

3 hours ago, Breadwinner said:

Ok time for reflection ok the post I originally put on not long after after the game was poorly thought out and written .

It was just frustration on my part theres a big difference between being on 38 points than 35 so I was utterly gutted about the manner of the performance second half as now if you look at the  league 2 table I rarely do but had a gander yesterday and the team in 9th position are only four points behind us so ok we having a better season than usual but we not going be guaranteed a top 7 finish by any means unless we go on a run like last season winning consecutive games as players return from respective injuries we are capable of course we are, but we must not keep on throwing games away from winning positions yes I know we have won games from losing positions and thats a massive positive but the manner in which we lose games at times is very costly and cannot be forgotten as its there in Black and White. 

Teams are closing in on us tge injuries are sabotaging our seasons work so I will give the Vale overall a 6/7 out of 10 so far this season in order to obtain promotion in top three it needs be upped to 8/9 out of 10 play off upped to 7/8 out of 10 .

We have much work to do but generally we doing very well but like I say need to improve significantly. 

UTV 

Good post mate I did feel you were harsh but you always post with the right heart and intentions. 

We've lost 3 of our last 5 league games and are clinging to 3rd spot by our fingernails. That's a good effort considering our circumstances.  

Onto Exeter a draw isn't a disaster as it would keep them below us still. 

Onwards and upwards mate a few players back and astute signings and we can definitely challenge. 

11 hours ago, Paul6754 said:

Jones must have got a touch on the ball 'cause it changes direction to the direction he slid in. And that's the key point that Jones didn't take the man.

if you watch it from the otherside as shown on a newport blog, he hits him three foot off the ground!

5 hours ago, geoff1 said:

if you watch it from the otherside as shown on a newport blog, he hits him three foot off the ground!

But he doesn't actually touch him, he wins the ball without endangering the player.  He then falls over his outstretched leg.

Good tackle for me but I'd be surprised if he gets the card rescinded.  It's his birthday today so maybe deserves a week off...............

On 11/12/2021 at 18:44, Phantom Lord said:

Doesn't take much for you to turn on them. Yesterday you were absolutely full of praise

Still full of praise for them but like me at work I'm not judged on only when I perform excellently I'd judged when I do not quite do enough in the eyes of my superiors .

The fans are always more superior than the players ,it's our hard earned what allows them to have a fantastic wage in the game so if I do not like something I see in a game or over a period in a game I will say what it is I didn't like about that certain game or that period of the game so to me at 1 nil up bring Martin on then play your usual 3 in defence what works as the 3 at the  back has put us 3rd and in the 3rd round of cup then move L legge to centre forwards taking Politic off has he seems to only play well in spasms  of a game , suddenly we are  one up and we have a threat in the air going the way we were supposed be going forwards not backwards and you could put Burgess on up alongside him as there's one thing about Burgess he runs and runs allowing Garrity to drop back into his familiar role  when his work rate gives us a hold in that department alongside Pett and Conlon .

Gone now but in future the best form of defence is attack and I'm still full of praise for them but on this particular game and the Walsall one at home which I had the most unpleasureable witnessing of I'm going have my say where I feel the game was lost it was lost after we scored as we didn't build on it we continued with the same game plan which surprises me with with Dc and he is usually spot on with seeing what needs to be done on every project I thought he would have recognised that the goal was completely against tge run of play .

UTV 

Fans aren’t actually superior to the players as they don’t know what game plan the team has gone out with, they don’t know what their individual roles are, they don’t know what they’ve worked on in training or anything like that. The lack of football understanding from some people is embarrassing at times when you’re sitting in the ground and hear some of the stuff they moan about.  

1 hour ago, FriedRice said:

Would be nice if they could give Brown a chance to say a word or two it would really pick at me if I was in his position if I couldnt say goodbye to a bunch of fans who had voted me player of the season

I think waving is sufficient and chanting his name. We've a game to win. 

3 hours ago, PV1973 said:

Fans aren’t actually superior to the players as they don’t know what game plan the team has gone out with, they don’t know what their individual roles are, they don’t know what they’ve worked on in training or anything like that. The lack of football understanding from some people is embarrassing at times when you’re sitting in the ground and hear some of the stuff they moan about.  

Get into em

Push up 

Press them

Hit it long

Stop hitting it long 

Etc Etc 

Ground full of football managers with no idea what an actual manager is trying to do with a game plan. 

Archived