onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Newport County v Port Vale

Fosse69

15 hours ago, Conrad said:

Think you got your maths wrong there bill, surely with an extra 3 points we would be 4 ahead of 4th placed team.

No, but I think we're both wrong. If we'd have won, we would still be third on 38points which would have been 5 points ahead of Exeter who would have been 4th on 33 points (Newport would only have been on 31points). We would have only been second (on goal difference) if Northampton had drawn 1-1.  Anyway, we are where we are and fingers crossed that we don't drop below 3rd for the rest of the season!

Advert

2 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

Just been catching up on some of the Prem weekend highlights. If the Reece James tackle which was wild and didn’t get near the ball was only a yellow then we should surely appeal Dan Jones’ red??

I can't believe covidiot Maddison got away with that one yesterday.

Never a penalty.

Jones had to go for the ball, so did their player and both were running full pelt towards the ball, Jones from the touchline, their player down the length of the pitch so at an acute angle (<90o) to each other. Jones was clearly 1st to the  ball as evinced by the direction of the ball after he's made contact with it, the Newport player couldn't stop and fell over Jones' legs, he was clearly 2nd to the ball.

Jones got the ball not their player, if anything their player got Jones. Never a red, should be appealed.

53 minutes ago, Paul6754 said:

Jones had to go for the ball, so did their player and both were running full pelt towards the ball, Jones from the touchline, their player down the length of the pitch so at an acute angle (<90o) to each other. Jones was clearly 1st to the  ball as evinced by the direction of the ball after he's made contact with it, the Newport player couldn't stop and fell over Jones' legs, he was clearly 2nd to the ball.

Jones got the ball not their player, if anything their player got Jones. Never a red, should be appealed.

Agreed, unless there is some other footage, rather than that clear as day snap of Jones taking the ball cleanly, 1 footed, then I don't think an appeal will be successful however stupid the red was.

58 minutes ago, NellyTheValiant said:

Agreed, unless there is some other footage, rather than that clear as day snap of Jones taking the ball cleanly, 1 footed, then I don't think an appeal will be successful however stupid the red was.

slow it down and it looks like he might not get a touch. still not a red though

2 hours ago, For Us All said:

I can't believe covidiot Maddison got away with that one yesterday.

Never a penalty.

Dermot Gallagher on ref watch this morning said it wasn’t a pen. Dion Dublin on MOTD2 said it wasn’t a penalty. Graeme Souness said it was a joke. The ref and VAR man have been told to report to the Saudi embassy!!

8 hours ago, NellyTheValiant said:

Cheers, actually looks worse than I thought, it was high but he won the ball without getting the man.

Jones must have got a touch on the ball 'cause it changes direction to the direction he slid in. And that's the key point that Jones didn't take the man.

He definitely gets the ball, but it all comes down to the interpretation of the rules about being out of control, because he is very high and he does sort of stamp down with his studs to win the ball. The player does go over his leg after he wins it and it doesn’t look like Jones catching him thigh high with his studs. 

Ok time for reflection ok the post I originally put on not long after after the game was poorly thought out and written .

It was just frustration on my part theres a big difference between being on 38 points than 35 so I was utterly gutted about the manner of the performance second half as now if you look at the  league 2 table I rarely do but had a gander yesterday and the team in 9th position are only four points behind us so ok we having a better season than usual but we not going be guaranteed a top 7 finish by any means unless we go on a run like last season winning consecutive games as players return from respective injuries we are capable of course we are, but we must not keep on throwing games away from winning positions yes I know we have won games from losing positions and thats a massive positive but the manner in which we lose games at times is very costly and cannot be forgotten as its there in Black and White. 

Teams are closing in on us tge injuries are sabotaging our seasons work so I will give the Vale overall a 6/7 out of 10 so far this season in order to obtain promotion in top three it needs be upped to 8/9 out of 10 play off upped to 7/8 out of 10 .

We have much work to do but generally we doing very well but like I say need to improve significantly. 

UTV 

20 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

Just been catching up on some of the Prem weekend highlights. If the Reece James tackle which was wild and didn’t get near the ball was only a yellow then we should surely appeal Dan Jones’ red??

What do you think of the penalty decision against Wolves?

Harsh or what.

44 minutes ago, For Us All said:

What do you think of the penalty decision against Wolves?

Harsh or what.

A bit like the MUFC, LFC and Chels second. Players conning the officials. However MCFC should have had a penalty in the first half. VAR isn’t working.

I heard that they had to re draw the Champions League yesterday, because in the first draw MUFC were drawn against Verstappen 

Archived