onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Newport County v Port Vale

Fosse69

13 minutes ago, 1 said:

I think it’s very unlikely that red will be rescinded. What a fantastic decision considering we’re already down to the bare bones. A little harsh but why give the ref the chance to make the call?

Maybe because the ball was there to be won, he won it cleanly, 1 footed.  Their player went over his outstretched leg and their players surrounded the ref who I don't think had a decent view of it at all.  IMHO it was a great challenge and I said so at the game.

I thought that the tackle by Pett earlier in the game was far worse, he got a yellow.

Advert

Not only have we got forward players missing, we are weaker in other positions because we're trying to cover those roles. Garrity has done brilliant further forward, but it means one of our best players this season is missing from the engine room. Garrity does a lot of the hard miles for Conlon and Pett. Which in turn means, both Conlon and Pett are being asked to cover on different areas of the pitch. This isn't a criticism of the team, it's just how it is at the moment, having strikers missing also disrupts the midfield. It's frustrating but hopefully we can get a couple of our wingers back for Saturday and bit by bit we can start to rebalance the middle. I've got nothing but praise for the team yesterday, they are digging in and battling, but no one should be criticising the boys whilst we're forced to play with one hand behind our backs. When we get players back, we will romp to promotion, im very confident.

Maybe because the ball was there to be won, he won it cleanly, 1 footed.  Their player went over his outstretched leg and their players surrounded the ref who I don't think had a decent view of it at all.  IMHO it was a great challenge and I said so at the game.
I thought that the tackle by Pett earlier in the game was far worse, he got a yellow.
I agree having just seen the highlights. No way is that worth a red. Obviously their reaction has swayed the ref. Having said that the lad wasn't in the clear and there were other defenders so maybe Jones could have let him go. At 2-1 down though we were technically still in it so he's got to put in a challenge

Sent from my I3113 using onevalefan mobile app

13 hours ago, philmpv said:

Weirdly, this continues the run that we haven't won in the League yet when Legges played!

Not sure what game you watched, but the goals were not down to Legge.  He was doing his job and putting his body in everywhere.  Try looking at the midfield for letting players waltz passed them and other defenders for going missing.

1 hour ago, connor hackett said:

Not only have we got forward players missing, we are weaker in other positions because we're trying to cover those roles. Garrity has done brilliant further forward, but it means one of our best players this season is missing from the engine room. Garrity does a lot of the hard miles for Conlon and Pett. Which in turn means, both Conlon and Pett are being asked to cover on different areas of the pitch. This isn't a criticism of the team, it's just how it is at the moment, having strikers missing also disrupts the midfield. It's frustrating but hopefully we can get a couple of our wingers back for Saturday and bit by bit we can start to rebalance the middle. I've got nothing but praise for the team yesterday, they are digging in and battling, but no one should be criticising the boys whilst we're forced to play with one hand behind our backs. When we get players back, we will romp to promotion, im very confident.

I agree although losing yesterday was not great only yesterday and V Walsall have the performances being underwhelming. 

Still over the season we are doing great just negative about yesterday and Walsall game every other game we have generally being very good and we deservedly 3rd the thing is I've never seen Vale win a league I'd like see if before I take my last breathe  

Hope you are right 

UTV 

Not sure what game you watched, but the goals were not down to Legge.  He was doing his job and putting his body in everywhere.  Try looking at the midfield for letting players waltz passed them and other defenders for going missing.
I didn't say they were. In fact, I've praised legge earlier in the thread for his defensive performance, if not his distribution. Just pointing out a fact

7 hours ago, Breadwinner said:

I agree although losing yesterday was not great only yesterday and V Walsall have the performances being underwhelming. 

Still over the season we are doing great just negative about yesterday and Walsall game every other game we have generally being very good and we deservedly 3rd the thing is I've never seen Vale win a league I'd like see if before I take my last breathe  

Hope you are right 

UTV 

We played a good side yesterday who are on form, they'd lost 1 in 11 in the league and no doubt buoyed by a last minute winner in in their previous home game vs Sutton.

I was hoping that we'd have either Worrall, Rodney or both available but when I saw the team I feared the worst.

We had a completely makeshift side out there yesterday, many of the players bought in have had limited minutes so we were bound to tire as the game went on.  We grabbed a goal against the run of play and most of the people around me were almost in a sense of shock that we'd grabbed a goal and would've taken a draw then.

I was disappointed with their 1st goal though, we seemed to lose concentration but on the balance of play we'd have been lucky to hold out for the draw.

Whilst credit is due for the quality of the finishing for their 2 goals I think we have to be critical of our defending for both.  Especially the second goal where their guy had all the time in the world to compose himself for the shot.

We’re not keeping clean sheets and, until we get the strikers back in the team at least, we need to tighten up defensively from where we are at the moment.

2 hours ago, Breadwinner said:

Hope you are right 

UTV 

good longevity be with you!!!!!!!!!!!!!😄

17 hours ago, philmpv said:

Weirdly, this continues the run that we haven't won in the League yet when Legges played!

2 hours ago, philmpv said:
3 hours ago, PVFC764 said:

I didn't say they were. In fact, I've praised legge earlier in the thread for his defensive performance, if not his distribution. Just pointing out a fact

It is just a coincidence that Legge playing we loose rather than winning.  Feel this is down to some defence and midfield errors rather than Legge being the problem.  As you say Legge has played well and been solid.  It will change soon.

22 hours ago, LancyTony said:

We've played 8 of the other 9 teams in the top 10 with W4 D1 L3, and having given games away. We're 3rd on merit!

Can't disagree, the table speaks for itself.  However I was disappointed that had we held on to our lead, we would have been 2nd and 5 points clear of the fourth placed team.  As it is now, we are only one point ahead-quite a difference at this stage!

3 minutes ago, Bycarsbill said:

Can't disagree, the table speaks for itself.  However I was disappointed that had we held on to our lead, we would have been 2nd and 5 points clear of the fourth placed team.  As it is now, we are only one point ahead-quite a difference at this stage!

Think you got your maths wrong there bill, surely with an extra 3 points we would be 4 ahead of 4th placed team.

Archived