onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Newport County v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

6 minutes ago, 1 said:

Probably have nobody in for the Harrogate game either I’d suspect.

We wouldn't no, as they have to be signed the day before. The earliest a window signing could play is against Brentford. 

I'd really like us to push the boat out and sign a free agent. This month is possibly the key bit of the season. 

Also today’s game is not necessarily an indication of how the next games are going to go without strikers. 3 much easier games on paper coming up and bough we’re injury hit, I think there’s wins to be had there definitely. If I’m honest I think we have to be a bit more creative than matching players into a 532, regardless of who is available. It worked when we had two good ball-keeping, linking strikers, but it’s not set up to accommodate players who need support around them quickly. I think a formation change is needed myself, for the time being.

1 hour ago, Breadwinner said:

Newport one point behind us now. 

I'm not sure we have the backbone for a promotion push .

Losing from winning positions tells me we have a weak mentality .

Credit to Newport .

How many defeats that .

Any more than 10 and no chance of finishing in top 3 .

To be honest we are probably at best a 7th placed side .

Obviously we would like them to be better but not to be .

Prove me wrong Vale 

Doesn't take much for you to turn on them. Yesterday you were absolutely full of praise

Credit to Newport .

How many defeats that .

Prove me wrong Vale 

I disagree. With our best players back we are easily capable of a top 3 finish, but currently we have a ridiculous amount of injuries to key players.

Credit to Newport .
How many defeats that .
Prove me wrong Vale 
What absolute nonsense! Get a grip!!!

Fair result on the day, better side won and I’d say they were as decent as anyone we’ve faced this season (or at least that I’ve seen us play).

It is a minor miracle that we’ve picked up some points this week given that we are now missing Worrall, Wilson, Proctor, Rodney and Taylor from our options going forward. It showed badly today because we got very little going in an attacking sense today.

Can’t win them all and just need to get through to Jan and either the return of some players or some reinforcements being brought in.

Credit to Newport .

How many defeats that .

Prove me wrong Vale 

I love your optimism.

5 minutes ago, Inny said:
Credit to Newport .
How many defeats that .
Prove me wrong Vale 

Leave him alone he is obviously frustrated like we all are 

proper fan breadwinner is 

I think we all need to be realistic. December we are in the hands of the gods. Even if new signings are made they will need to gel. I feel as soon as we get our injured players to return the confidence and results should start to return. On a cautionary note though it may take even more time to get the consistency back and players fitness. For now we live in the hope and the belief that better times will return  during January. I am sure the way this club is being run the January window will deliver.

First half i thought was a decent vale effort. They pegged us back for the first 15 minutes but we slowly got our foot on the ball and started playing in their half. Our goal was a bit of a smash and grab but a stinging shot from jones and great hustle from garrity for the rebound. Newport did hurl a lot at us but legge was smashing crosses clear and they mostly did long shots.

2nd half started in a similar manor but again resolute defending. It was actually becoming one of those games where it felt that we could pull it off and they then scored from nothing after a break in play.

Ultimately i think our lack of threat finally told. We seemed to give away a few yellows across the spine of the team which might have meant we were less snappy in the tackle. We didnt get up the pitch at all in the second half. I cant even remember a shot. Can't fault the effort from the lads though.

Positives

1. Was nice seeing eden bailly come on

2. Garrity just knows where to be for goals. What a knack he has

3. I enjoyed the 12 pints of bass song a group of vale lads were singing. A bit of an indictment on the 2nd half that it was a highlight though.

39 minutes ago, Inny said:
2 hours ago, Breadwinner said:
Credit to Newport .
How many defeats that .
Prove me wrong Vale 

Nonsense hows it nonsense that's 3 defeats in 5 Walsall where we couldn't have played any worse ,Oldham where we somehow changed a deserved win into defeat and today where we were winning and somehow managed cock it up again .

People are too accepting of these regular defeats we scored in 2 of them defeats we obviously can score but when it comes to the nitty gritty we are at  it again season after season of giving  goals to the opposition.

Yes we have players out but if we are to get promotion we have to have more guts at the back or throughout the team .

Only just beat Bristol as well with 9 men .

We need to improve tenfold  .

Always love the Vale but always takeone step forwards and ten back and that's how it looks they have played today more scared of the opposition than believing on themselves .

UTV 

Archived