onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Newport County v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

Newport one point behind us now. 

I'm not sure we have the backbone for a promotion push .

Losing from winning positions tells me we have a weak mentality .

Credit to Newport .

How many defeats that .

Any more than 10 and no chance of finishing in top 3 .

To be honest we are probably at best a 7th placed side .

Obviously we would like them to be better but not to be .

Prove me wrong Vale 

Credit to Newport .
How many defeats that .
Prove me wrong Vale 
Think you're letting your emotions get the better of you so soon after a game. If we had a weak mentality we'd be nowhere near third. If we had a weak mentality, we'd not have come back from a goal down as we have many times this season. If we had a weak mentality, we wouldn't have reacted to every defeat in the manner we have each time this season. We've just played the last of a stupid run of games in a short timescale where we're missing our 2 best strikers, and the other 3 are now injured. Yet we've lost by only fine margins. We're clearly a top 3 side when all fit. Supplement in January, and with all those players to come back, we'll be fine.

2 minutes ago, Doha said:

Ironically given their commentator apparently embarrassed himself by talking utter wibble about crime in Stoke on Trent, I've heard a Vale coach has been bricked? 

Sounds like there was crowd trouble at the Sjoke ground as well.  So maybe the commentator was correct about sjoke fans.

If that did happen hope the Vale fans are okay.

3 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

Credit to Newport .

How many defeats that .

Prove me wrong Vale 

As has been mentioned above we’ve also won this season from losing positions. We weren’t exactly weak against Orient for example. We’ve just competed hard away from home against a team in red hot form with our entire forward line decimated and they needed two goals in the the last twenty minutes to beat us. We are going to be more than fine.

9 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

Credit to Newport .

How many defeats that .

Prove me wrong Vale 

Very harsh mate. We are easily one of the best  teams in the division. 

4 of FGR goals today scored by Matt and Stevens. Long term injury to them coupled with no Cadden and they'd struggle. 

Our injury list is incredible.  Yes it's part and parcel but to not even have them spread around the positions is terrible luck.

Keep the faith mate . Exeter suddenly struggling we can eke out a win next week I hope. 

Yes we werent great but was anyone expecting anything else we have got the most rotten luck ever with injuries at the moment- didnt expect a result here against teams near the bottom we can bundle a result but agaisnt a half decent team with 0 attacking players what chance do you have. 

were 3rd in the league weve done incredibly well to be where we are. I think fans are forgetting how bad we were last season so to come this far so soon is a testament to the club.

weve got a rough couple of weeks coming up because we are going to struggle without a recognised striker. The effort and commitment is all there so lets just get behind them. Id be very surpised if in the next few weeks we play decent football we just have to grind out some results. 

Thought Bezza from the Ale+Vale podcast as summarizer called it all right.  We didn't play well, deserved to lose, against a decent side. But no lack of effort. But under the circs no disgrace.

The view of the Jones one wasn't great on ifollow (wrong side). Looked very similar to the one not even given on Gibbo in the build up to their goal in real time.

1 hour ago, darren1810 said:

Can't blame the board , Benning already this weeks blame merchant !

I think blaming Benning is an entirely insufficient over reaction. Strip Carol of her OBE, parade the entire squad round Burslem on a timbrel hung upside down by their toenails with rusty fish hooks… and that’s too good for ‘em.

If every team had to play the second half of the season without any strikers at all, and had to play other players in those positions without replacing them, I’d genuinely expect us to win the league. Tread water against the four before January and pick up enough to stay relevant and then rebuild. Probably have nobody in for the Harrogate game either I’d suspect.

Archived