onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Newport County v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

1 hour ago, TJHValiant said:

Is this Calvin Andrew thing I keep hearing remotely likely? I think it is a dreadful idea and we must have some youth team forward worthy of a chance. 

Eden Bailey and i think its McFarlane from the youth team are also both out injured.

Well after last night and Saturdays deserved 2-1 away victories we head to Newport .

We should have so much confidence flowing through the ranks in the space of a week away Rotherham had about 13 goal attempts v Burton 9 goal attempts and Bristol Rovers 10 there's no reason whatsoever that we  cannot go there and score and play well which in fairness v Rotherham and Burton they did didn't watch last night as gf getting annoyed at how she feels I'm getting obsessed with football and Vale but reading the stats we were superb first half with Worrall and Rodney on .

So who to choose .

Stone 

Cass Smith Legge Gibbons 

Politic Pett Burgess  Benning 

Conlon 

Garrity 

That's if no Wozza and Rodney I liked the flow of that team in last 20 v Rotherham Burgess added  a lot I thought I think we go for it we are a excellent attacking side I think that team I've chose will attack them from all areas you got Legge on set pieces and you got Burgesses legs to aid Garritys  and if you got Conlon in the hole and he as one of his days where he connects with the ball well he maybe will score with a excellent free kick .

There's nothing to fear no forwards or not .

UTV 

10 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

Well after last night and Saturdays deserved 2-1 away victories we head to Newport .

We should have so much confidence flowing through the ranks in the space of a week away Rotherham had about 13 goal attempts v Burton 9 goal attempts and Bristol Rovers 10 there's no reason whatsoever that we  cannot go there and score and play well which in fairness v Rotherham and Burton they did didn't watch last night as gf getting annoyed at how she feels I'm getting obsessed with football and Vale but reading the stats we were superb first half with Worrall and Rodney on .

So who to choose .

Stone 

Cass Smith Legge Gibbons 

Politic Pett Burgess  Benning 

Conlon 

Garrity 

That's if no Wozza and Rodney I liked the flow of that team in last 20 v Rotherham Burgess added  a lot I thought I think we go for it we are a excellent attacking side I think that team I've chose will attack them from all areas you got Legge on set pieces and you got Burgesses legs to aid Garritys  and if you got Conlon in the hole and he as one of his days where he connects with the ball well he maybe will score with a excellent free kick .

There's nothing to fear no forwards or not .

UTV 

Cant see burgess starting ahead of walker

5 hours ago, valiant_593 said:

Take a point, think we can still set up and be solid it’s just scoring that will be the issue. No idea what 11, I’d possible and Rodney and Worrall are ok I would probably go with the same 11

I’d agree but add that recent results and performances don’t suggest we can be solid.  We give most teams decent chances and don’t keep many clean sheets.  I think we’ll need to score a couple to take something from this game.

Stone

Cass Smith Jones Benning

Pett Conlon Walker

Worrall Garrity Politic

Rodney for Garrity, Garrity for Walker if he’s available. I reckon Woz is no more inured now than he has been for the last few weeks, so he’ll give DC an hour.

Garrity and Politic in a 2 up front is asking to be bombarded until we concede. If we play 5 at the back we should be playing Legge in my opinion, we miss an embarrassing amount of headers and to be fair to the defence it’s the whole team tracking back that miss headers. Legge seems to be down the pecking order at the minute though.

We should change shape and a few personnel but if we see anyone different it will be Benning I reckon.

I would have taken a point at Bristol as I would on Saturday. Our best hope is we can keep it as tight at the back possible and maybe nick a goal. Not particularly hopeful but the lads keep confounding me. Anything from this game would be fantastic just hope they don’t score in time added like they have a nack of doing

On 08/12/2021 at 12:17, Joe B said:

We have:

Newport (H)

Exeter (A)

Salford (H)

Rochdale (A)

before we can reinforce. I'm not the one controlling the money and I'm not clued up on the registration rules, but I still think we go and offer some free agent a month's deal. Politic is picking up niggles and if we run him into the ground without any rests we're taking a risk. Josh Parker, David Nugent, Calvin Andrew - all absolute dogs but you pay them buttons and give them 10-15 minutes a week to get fit and secure a non-league contract when they're released in January. 

Exeter are in a dip and have only won 1 in 5. Newport only won 2 in 7. Salford and Rochdale are proper mid-table sides.

I beg Clarke doesn't do this silly 'Conlon on the right' thing he seems to want to try; he tried it against Walsall and again last night after Rodney went off and we promptly looked rubbish. Politic and Garrity as forwards with Walker, Pett, and Conlon in the middle. 

Newport Away

Archived