onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Newport County v Port Vale

Fosse69

Fast and furious the games are coming, Newport just 4 points behind and likely to be close to us all season so a draw at least is required. Their last game they came back at home from 2-0 down to Sutton  to win 3-2 in injury time, so we  are  in for a demanding game with our depleted squad. Hopefully Politic, Rodney and Worrall available to give us a chance.

Advert

Need someone up front who can hold the ball and bring our midfield into the game. Hoping Rodney and Worrall can get treatment to allow them to play. Never known an injury crisis like this with every forward injured and even the two youth players also out. One thing is that the team will give it there all and maybe DC will figure a way to get us through and get us a result.

11 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Snap your hand off for a point. The squad is at breaking point but the character and resilience is outstanding.  

I'd of taken three from the two aways as opposed to getting a couple of draws. 

A point would be excellent.  

This is why I think this is a bit of a free hit considering our selection problems. Many fans would have been happy with 2 points from these two games so that total has already been surpassed. A defeat is not a major issue and any points gained are a bit of a bonus.

We have:

Newport (H)

Exeter (A)

Salford (H)

Rochdale (A)

before we can reinforce. I'm not the one controlling the money and I'm not clued up on the registration rules, but I still think we go and offer some free agent a month's deal. Politic is picking up niggles and if we run him into the ground without any rests we're taking a risk. Josh Parker, David Nugent, Calvin Andrew - all absolute dogs but you pay them buttons and give them 10-15 minutes a week to get fit and secure a non-league contract when they're released in January. 

Exeter are in a dip and have only won 1 in 5. Newport only won 2 in 7. Salford and Rochdale are proper mid-table sides.

I beg Clarke doesn't do this silly 'Conlon on the right' thing he seems to want to try; he tried it against Walsall and again last night after Rodney went off and we promptly looked rubbish. Politic and Garrity as forwards with Walker, Pett, and Conlon in the middle. 

41 minutes ago, Joe B said:

We have:

Newport (H)

Exeter (A)

Salford (H)

Rochdale (A)

before we can reinforce. I'm not the one controlling the money and I'm not clued up on the registration rules, but I still think we go and offer some free agent a month's deal. Politic is picking up niggles and if we run him into the ground without any rests we're taking a risk. Josh Parker, David Nugent, Calvin Andrew - all absolute dogs but you pay them buttons and give them 10-15 minutes a week to get fit and secure a non-league contract when they're released in January. 

Exeter are in a dip and have only won 1 in 5. Newport only won 2 in 7. Salford and Rochdale are proper mid-table sides.

I beg Clarke doesn't do this silly 'Conlon on the right' thing he seems to want to try; he tried it against Walsall and again last night after Rodney went off and we promptly looked rubbish. Politic and Garrity as forwards with Walker, Pett, and Conlon in the middle. 

Reckon we need to add Harrogate to that list on the 1st given you have to have signed the day previously to play (I think)

Is this Calvin Andrew thing I keep hearing remotely likely? I think it is a dreadful idea and we must have some youth team forward worthy of a chance. 

We have but they're all injured as well. That said, I think anybody suggesting we bring in Andrew wants their head examining. I'd rather the Roy Sproson statue ahead of Andrew

13 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

Is this Calvin Andrew thing I keep hearing remotely likely? I think it is a dreadful idea and we must have some youth team forward worthy of a chance. 

They are genuinely all injured too. It's mental. 

Not writing it off but does feel like we are praying Rodney and Wozza are ok for the weekend, we played well enough with them on the field to feel we could cause Newport problems.

Draw would be excellent but with the character and goals from midfield we have a chance!

50 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

Even if fit it is a very rough and demanding league.

58 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

Him, Parker, and Nugent are genuinely the only out of contract forwards with recent league experience.

McFarlane and Bailey are both injured, so we now have 7 forwards out. 

Archived