onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

FA Cup third round draw

robf

Advert

By sounds of their forum they will bring a good crowd. What made me laugh was..."Burslem full of 2nd hand shops all boarded up".  They all however like our away end being big.
The shops in Boslem seem to fascinate away fans. They also mention a second hand hoover shop! I remember from somewhere as well (can't remember where) somebody moaning their bag off about a shop with washing powder for sale and on display in the front window!

2 hours ago, connor hackett said:

Could have been a lot worse, could have been a lot better. We need Rudgey to call the fire brigade again and get that pitch proper moist..let's pack the park, these premier league Nancy boys won't fancy a cold day out in the potteries...we can win this

Connor, you’ve been quoted on their fans forum 👏

1 minute ago, sheffieldclayhead said:

Happy with the draw and winnable if we play how we can.

Ticket prices same as Accrington and pack Vale Park out.

I would hope we don't drop the price. Brentford are now a Premier League Club and I would be disappointed if they can't get at least 2,500 plus coming.

I think the TV is a possibility as not all Producers want novelty value games but are looking for the chance of a competitive exciting match with the real possibility of a  genuine cup upset. 

Yes Man City was one of the good games to go as a Vale fan. And Pope's goal was without doubt one of my greates moments as a Vale fan, but done it once and don't want to see the Vale be cannon fodder again. 

It all goes to how we both perform before the match. If we are in top 3 and Brentford in bottom 3 then us super confident and Brentford used to losing week in week out then bring it on and give them a red hot Staffordshire welcome and remind them what a real passionate proper football club is. 

I just hope DC gets the boys and fans wound up like the Walsall Manager did against us the other week.

Will be at least 7-8,000 Vale there so outside chance of £10K plus.

1 hour ago, Vale1995 said:

Why the pessimism jesus christ its like weve just been drawn hull away. 

prem team at home there is only 6-7 glamour matches out of 70 odd teams .

id take any prem team at home all day long  

I suspect that lots of us wanted a Premiership club at home, and in that sense, we got what we wished for. I think a little of the 'underwhelmed category of comment is because when the majority of us thinks about the Premiership, we really only mean the Big six teams. However, Brentford will be a chance to see one of the country's top teams and a true measure of how far we've come. Or, indeed how far we still have to travel! Two great reasons for a full house and the opportunity to really get behind the boys.

The tie reminds me of the time we put Southampton out in the 3rd round back in 1994, only that time we did it the hard way in a replay at Vale Park. 

Its a premiership tie and if we get something out of it the national press will call it a giant killing... Lets not get too dssapointed that its not one of the bix 6. This is a decent tie with a sniff of a chance of a famous victory. 

Can someone find us a striker please..

1 hour ago, Biddulph_PV said:

Awful draw. If we’re on telly we’ll get 5,000. It we’re not on telly we’ll get 6,000 at the very most. At least if it was away it was a new ground and I think we’d have taken another decent following for a day out in the Smoke, but at home, it’s a bit……meh. 

Wow, such optimism! Cheer up, we get 6k plus crowds against league two opposition.  Don't underestimate the draw of a Premiership club and the giant-killing pedigree of PV to generate excitement and it's a potential win-win for us all.

Archived