FA Cup third round draw

robf

Advert:

2 hours ago, connor hackett said:

Could have been a lot worse, could have been a lot better. We need Rudgey to call the fire brigade again and get that pitch proper moist..let's pack the park, these premier league Nancy boys won't fancy a cold day out in the potteries...we can win this

Connor, you’ve been quoted on their fans forum 👏

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sheffieldclayhead said:

Happy with the draw and winnable if we play how we can.

Ticket prices same as Accrington and pack Vale Park out.

I would hope we don't drop the price. Brentford are now a Premier League Club and I would be disappointed if they can't get at least 2,500 plus coming.

I think the TV is a possibility as not all Producers want novelty value games but are looking for the chance of a competitive exciting match with the real possibility of a  genuine cup upset. 

Yes Man City was one of the good games to go as a Vale fan. And Pope's goal was without doubt one of my greates moments as a Vale fan, but done it once and don't want to see the Vale be cannon fodder again. 

It all goes to how we both perform before the match. If we are in top 3 and Brentford in bottom 3 then us super confident and Brentford used to losing week in week out then bring it on and give them a red hot Staffordshire welcome and remind them what a real passionate proper football club is. 

I just hope DC gets the boys and fans wound up like the Walsall Manager did against us the other week.

Will be at least 7-8,000 Vale there so outside chance of £10K plus.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Vale1995 said:

Why the pessimism jesus christ its like weve just been drawn hull away. 

prem team at home there is only 6-7 glamour matches out of 70 odd teams .

id take any prem team at home all day long  

I suspect that lots of us wanted a Premiership club at home, and in that sense, we got what we wished for. I think a little of the 'underwhelmed category of comment is because when the majority of us thinks about the Premiership, we really only mean the Big six teams. However, Brentford will be a chance to see one of the country's top teams and a true measure of how far we've come. Or, indeed how far we still have to travel! Two great reasons for a full house and the opportunity to really get behind the boys.

• Like 1

Advert:

The tie reminds me of the time we put Southampton out in the 3rd round back in 1994, only that time we did it the hard way in a replay at Vale Park. 

Its a premiership tie and if we get something out of it the national press will call it a giant killing... Lets not get too dssapointed that its not one of the bix 6. This is a decent tie with a sniff of a chance of a famous victory. 

Can someone find us a striker please..

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Biddulph_PV said:

Awful draw. If we’re on telly we’ll get 5,000. It we’re not on telly we’ll get 6,000 at the very most. At least if it was away it was a new ground and I think we’d have taken another decent following for a day out in the Smoke, but at home, it’s a bit……meh. 

Wow, such optimism! Cheer up, we get 6k plus crowds against league two opposition.  Don't underestimate the draw of a Premiership club and the giant-killing pedigree of PV to generate excitement and it's a potential win-win for us all.

• Like 2

I don’t see why Vale fans can’t be disappointed with it, I’m disappointed it wasn’t the draw we hoped for and arguably the least attractive top flight club we could of got, purely because we were playing them every season almost up until a few seasons back. It’s arguably like drawing Swindon but less winnable in that aspect.

Will I be there? Yes. Will I be buzzing if we beat a Premier League side? Yes.

It is what it is, we’ve had worse ties, it is a good test and one that does pose a potential for an upset being at Vale Park and our form.

If we charge £20 I don’t envisage most casual fans who don’t go unless it’s a big game coming out for it, if we are smart and do a £10-£12 it may see a big crowd which in turn gives more kiosk sales etc

TV will play a part, oddly with this sort of tie TV coverage could kill the attendance a bit. If it’s an established Premier League name then you’d sell big regardless but this one if on terrestrial TV could be a hard sell.

They usually never travelled overly well to Vale Park so I guess with all their new fans who’ve jumped on the Premier League bandwagon may improve that but again assume TV and KO time will dictate that.

• Like 1

Advert:

Realistically, had we been drawn away at Liverpool / Man C the way they are playing, we could have been embarrassed at the score. I don't think Brentford will field a full strength team, so, historically, a win against them would show L2 beating Prem (but not a Prem B team). The chance of that happening could be appealing for TV companies? Hull / Everton certainly isn't, and I wouldn't think Newcastle/Cambridge Charlton/Norwich Leicester/Watford Burnley/Huddersfield Millwall/Palace and Swansea/Southampton are likely to be shown as they're fairly low-key games? Coventry v Derby is likely to be a bit more interesting than those? 

I think Brentford have gone where we would like to go - shrewd and profitable transfer dealings and they're not a bad team to watch - and there are many, many worse players than Ivan Toney in that League! 

This could be good for us! 

• Like 1

A further thought.....assuming we can get a full house, what is our current capacity limit, and if necessary, are we in a position safety-wise to open up the other side of Lorne Street?
More chance of Carol streaking the full length of the pitch than getting a full house. We'll do well to get 5 figures. That's not me being miserable, just fact. Unfortunately, a lot of Vale fans literally require being dragged screaming and kicking to go to a game. Have no idea why. Just the way they are. Always a reason not to go

3 minutes ago, valefan16 said:

I don’t see why Vale fans can’t be disappointed with it, I’m disappointed it wasn’t the draw we hoped for and arguably the least attractive top flight club we could of got, purely because we were playing them every season almost up until a few seasons back. It’s arguably like drawing Swindon but less winnable in that aspect.

Will I be there? Yes. Will I be buzzing if we beat a Premier League side? Yes.

It is what it is, we’ve had worse ties, it is a good test and one that does pose a potential for an upset being at Vale Park and our form.

If we charge £20 I don’t envisage most casual fans who don’t go unless it’s a big game coming out for it, if we are smart and do a £10-£12 it may see a big crowd which in turn gives more kiosk sales etc

TV will play a part, oddly with this sort of tie TV coverage could kill the attendance a bit. If it’s an established Premier League name then you’d sell big regardless but this one if on terrestrial TV could be a hard sell.

They usually never travelled overly well to Vale Park so I guess with all their new fans who’ve jumped on the Premier League bandwagon may improve that but again assume TV and KO time will dictate that.

You can’t see how fans would be pleased with a premiership team? 

Why do fans think we’re entitled to draw city or United? 

If we’re not getting close to double figures I’d be disappointed. A premiership side at home, when was the last time this happened? Maybe even a chance of an upset as they will probably swap it around. There were literally 50 worse draws than this. 

• Like 2

Advert:

I think it's a good draw for us, chance to test ourselves against a Prem side with a chance they may not fancy it. Decent footballing team and set of fans. Quite looking forward to it already

Sent from my I3113 using onevalefan mobile app

I agree, think it’s a great draw! Opportunity of an upset, we are at home! They are a very good outfit…. But so are we.
  • Like 1