• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

FA Cup third round draw

robf

Brentford fan here!

Appreciate not a favourable draw for you guys; we are neither a “glamour tie” nor a side you’ll expect to beat on paper.

That said we are all looking forward to it, whilst we love the journey we are on as a fan base we don’t much love the sterile atmosphere you get when visiting most other Premier League clubs. Vale Park is a proper away ground and we will bring good numbers I am sure.

Given the December fixture stockpile, the fact we are losing a key midfielder to AFCON and the fact we are in a survival scrap, it’s very unlikely that we will name a full strength side. But Thomas Frank usually likes to select some senior players at least to help the younger players coming in, and I am sure we will have a couple more first choice players on the bench if the game isn’t going to plan. As it goes, I expect you’ll give us a tough game! 

What our fans really want to know is: will Leon Legge play this one? He’s a bit of a cult hero at Brentford, was known to be a really nice guy and scored some awesome dramatic late goals for us with that power header he possesses.

Advert:

1 minute ago, connor hackett said:

Could have been a lot worse, could have been a lot better. We need Rudgey to call the fire brigade again and get that pitch proper moist..let's pack the park, these premier league Nancy boys won't fancy a cold day out in the potteries...we can win this

Looking forward to seeing Smudge "get to grips" with Ivan Toney...red card one way or the other!

• Like 1

INitial reaction was dissapointed but on reflection it is a good draw. They will be a stern test for us, doesn't seem that long ago since we were playing them in the league though. 

Just now, osprey said:

Are you sure ?

Not too disappointed a home draw against a team that has six fixtures left before the end of this year, three against MUFC, MCFC and Chels. Their efforts will be resting their EPL status. Their other games are Southampton, Watford and Brighton, so if they lose them they’ll be up Dolly’s Lane without a paddle. Agree it won’t draw a massive home attendance, I’d love 9,000 but that’ll depend on how many they bring. Fans need to stand up now and get behind the lads, even if they only attend this game. Club should issue a voucher, for our fourth round game. Who knows we might also have a forward fit by then, it’ll still be classed as a giant killing L2 team beating EPL team. Let’s hope it’s not an EPL referee, who they’re on first name terms with.

COYW

Advert:

23 minutes ago, valefan16 said:

Terrible draw, worst Premier League side we could of got in terms of attraction. Low chance of progress, be 6000 there if lucky and it’s a side we were playing year in year out until recently and until the point of a bit of money were arguably no bigger than us as a club.

Played in the First Division in the 30s, finished the top team in London, then had a poor run. 

6 minutes ago, Old fort said:

Yes, could have been much worse and it's good to take the positives, but it doesn't mean that it's not a crap draw, because if we're really honest,  we know it is.

Honestly though we are playing a Premier League side at home with a good chance of an upset. If we were away to them then I would sort of agree, however we are not and we may have got Chesterfield away and then got knocked out. 
we just need to be thankful that it’s a premier league side and not a championship side.

we have to believe we can do it and vale fans will know that we have at least a chance of getting to round 4.

• Like 2

Advert:

29 minutes ago, ginginator said:

Will be moved I presume as Sjoke are at home also, a home draw, nothing to lose for us

Don't think Stoke have primacy of fixture any more since they 'left' the Prem. It will depend largely on what Messrs. Plod say, what with potentially two lots of London fans pitching up at Stoke station. 

Let's be truthful nobody nearly punched the  lightshade off or hit their head on the ceiling. 

It's what it is. An opportunity to see a Premier league team but I don't think I'm negative in saying I'm gutted for our owners. We deserve a great home cup tie in front of 14'000 plus. 

These fall into the Watford, Brighton category of thanks but no thanks. 

I'd give it a 4/10 but it's not Yeovil, Hartlepool or Swindon away. 

Definitely an outside chance if it's a Brentford reserve ish team. 

• Like 1

Advert:

After refelecting for half an hour, I think this is a decent draw, regardless of what people think of Brentford, they are a Premier League team and we haven't seen one down at the Vale for over 20 years in the FA Cup, maybe I am wrong on that.

I hope we can get 9000+, be disappointed if we don't, if we get over 7000 against Bradford at 12.00 on a Saturday on TV surely we should be looking at pushing 10k.  With Stoke also at home, not sure what day we will be playing.  

Looking at the draw, there is no chance of this being on, United v Villa, West Ham v Leeds, Millwall v Palace, Hull v Everton, Forest v Arsenal, Swindon v Man City all will be on before ours, maybe one of those Sunday matches where so many on for foreign channels.

Nice for Leggy!

Not a mega draw but an outside chance of being one of the games they follow live on TV rather than showing it (like the Man City game)

Also any disappointment of not drawing a top 6 is countered by the fact we have a proper football club these days where 3rd round appearances shouldn’t be like hens teeth! Plenty more to come!

• Like 1