FA Cup third round draw

robf

Advert:

Advert:

54 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

I’d agree with that because I’d be disappointed if they bought less than 3k travelling fans.  We should be able to muster the rest,

I just hope the spread of Omicron by January isn't gonna put a whole lot of football in jeopardy!

• Like 1

Advert:

19 hours ago, valefan16 said:

...but if we are honest if you could pick the least enticing Premiership side out the hat… Brentford would be that. It is one that to get a big big crowd that needs marketing well ticket price wise.

Palace, Brighton, Watford or Norwich would also be that...or Burnley...they're all similar stature with a similar chance of us upsetting them. Brentford is an ok draw and is winnable!

1 hour ago, Playa Amodores said:

We’ll have to split the cup revenue where against Bradford we took the lot

Yeah but there was only around 2500 paying fans v Bradford mate which is around £50k. Whereas if there is say 8k v Brentford the club would take more cash on the day as 45% each at £15 a ticket is around £54k. Forgetting TV money of course.

3 hours ago, butt lane vale fan said:

Yeah but there was only around 2500 paying fans v Bradford mate which is around £50k. Whereas if there is say 8k v Brentford the club would take more cash on the day as 45% each at £15 a ticket is around £54k. Forgetting TV money of course.

Yes but if you put the Bradford fans and how much each ST holder pays each game into the equation, I’m sure the gate receipts would have been more than that. Don’t the club have to pay tax on the attendance.?

in relation to the FA Cup games, it’s a four way split, both clubs, FA and into a pool which could be how they pay the prize money. I do not know the percentages for the split

Yes but if you put the Bradford fans and how much each ST holder pays each game into the equation, I’m sure the gate receipts would have been more than that. Don’t the club have to pay tax on the attendance.?
in relation to the FA Cup games, it’s a four way split, both clubs, FA and into a pool which could be how they pay the prize money. I do not know the percentages for the split

You can’t take the ST money twice, so that makes no sense

59 minutes ago, tisdeano said:

You can’t take the ST money twice, so that makes no sense

I’m not saying you take the money twice. The club charges ppl for a season ticket which when divided by the number of games works out at X amount. The fans go through the turnstile and as it’s computerised they know how many season tickets holders have entered the ground, so they can say exactly how many ST holders have entered. They then add this amount to the paying customers and that gives you the amount that fans have paid, therefore giving you a gate receipt. You have to bear in mind that the club only counts the fans going through the turnstile, so those ST holders that can’t get to the game don’t count, in the attendance. Do you think the club would announce an attendance, which they get taxed on if they’re only in receipt of about 2,500 fans admission fee. 

Advert:

Do you think the club would announce an attendance, which they get taxed on if they’re only in receipt of about 2,500 fans admission fee. 

Do you think that our tax system is based on what clubs announce as the attendance rather than financial records? So on trust rather than facts?

6 minutes ago, philmpv said:

Do you think that our tax system is based on what clubs announce as the attendance rather than financial records? So on trust rather than facts? emoji16.png

Phil, it might appear that they under count, but they’re never going to over count. This comment is solely based on when the attendance is announced and I look around the ground and think that there’s more than that here. Not so sure this happens with C&K but definitely previous owners.

Edited by Playa Amodores