onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

FA Cup third round draw

robf

Advert

9 hours ago, Fosse69 said:
13 hours ago, Paul6754 said:
Phil, I live 3000 miles away so not so easy to just pop over to the UK or else I would consider it. iFollow is a "godsend" to fans like me.

Is the FACup the only competition not covered by iFollow ? If so the problem lies with the FA. The restrictions applying to all competitions are a separate issue.

Fosse, iFollow do not show video of  FA Cup and Carabao Cup games internationally but audio is available and I believe the same is true domestically. On an international break if a League game is selected for tv coverage then video is not provided by iFollow internationally but I believe audio is. However this is not an issue as these games are shown internationally on ESPN+ with the usual charge eg the recent Bradford City game.

So since video of FA Cup and Carabao Cup games are not shown I'm unsure where the problem lies.

It can only be a matter of a few plugs or some bureaucracy as at the recent Burton Cup game the usual commentators were  there, cameras were there as there were highlights on Youtube so what is the problem. Interestingly the highlights were on Youtube but weren't on the Vale website as the League game highlights are.

Brilliant tie this hope we have some strikers back for it .Lots of big games between now and then however winning this tie somehow will give us the money improve the squad furthermore so a big performance required on the day .

Hope we get a decent gate I'd say 7500 would be excellent obviously hope there's more but that depends on performances leading up to the tie and whether Brentford can bring a very good amount .

All the same hope it's priced right and as lots of interest .

UTV 

I think the pricing is very good .

Let's hope there's lots of interest yes can see why folk wanted the prices be 10 pounds and 5 etc however if we are to exit the competition which I  personally feel if our injuries do not go away may be the case .

I'm happy pay 16 quid for me 13 for me lad 18 to 21 and 6 quid for nephew .

Vale need to make as much money as possible from this game folk are more likely go this game than others (floaters ).

I love the football Brentford play watching the highlights from there game v Watford so mobile ,so up for it there a delight to watch and yes they are not box office but it depends what your version of box office is to me they are very much one of the teams I'd choose watch in prem league a club rising through the ranks hungry wanting and excellent .

So I'd say get to Vale Park fellow Vale support and give it your all we going need you make no bones about it  

Glad Stokes playing on the Sunday maybe some of there support will help with the attendance (they may do after all I'm sure that when we get big gates it's because some folk out there want all local teams do well so they must come from somewhere unless we have a massive armchair support well you no good to us in your armchair so get to the game if you can .

UTV 

On 10/12/2021 at 18:11, Paul6754 said:

Fosse, iFollow do not show video of  FA Cup and Carabao Cup games internationally but audio is available and I believe the same is true domestically. On an international break if a League game is selected for tv coverage then video is not provided by iFollow internationally but I believe audio is. However this is not an issue as these games are shown internationally on ESPN+ with the usual charge eg the recent Bradford City game.

So since video of FA Cup and Carabao Cup games are not shown I'm unsure where the problem lies.

It can only be a matter of a few plugs or some bureaucracy as at the recent Burton Cup game the usual commentators were  there, cameras were there as there were highlights on Youtube so what is the problem. Interestingly the highlights were on Youtube but weren't on the Vale website as the League game highlights are.

I'm sure I heard somewhere that the international deals for the FA cup were agreed before ifollow was around and were done for all games. So whilst ESPN etc only decide to show a specific game they have the rights in that country to all of the games and they can't be shown on ifollow. I'm not sure if this is also the case for domestic screenings.

Whether it will be changed when the current deals expire I don't know. It wouldn't surprise me if it continues as it is a case of the FA trying to get as much money for the broadcasting rights as they can and not really caring about the EFL. So rather than selling the rights to a choice of 2 or 3 games each round they sell the rights to every game each round despite the fact that most will never be shown.

Archived