onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

FA Cup third round draw

robf

3 hours ago, butt lane vale fan said:

Yeah but there was only around 2500 paying fans v Bradford mate which is around £50k. Whereas if there is say 8k v Brentford the club would take more cash on the day as 45% each at £15 a ticket is around £54k. Forgetting TV money of course.

Yes but if you put the Bradford fans and how much each ST holder pays each game into the equation, I’m sure the gate receipts would have been more than that. Don’t the club have to pay tax on the attendance.?

in relation to the FA Cup games, it’s a four way split, both clubs, FA and into a pool which could be how they pay the prize money. I do not know the percentages for the split

Advert

Yes but if you put the Bradford fans and how much each ST holder pays each game into the equation, I’m sure the gate receipts would have been more than that. Don’t the club have to pay tax on the attendance.?
in relation to the FA Cup games, it’s a four way split, both clubs, FA and into a pool which could be how they pay the prize money. I do not know the percentages for the split

You can’t take the ST money twice, so that makes no sense

59 minutes ago, tisdeano said:

You can’t take the ST money twice, so that makes no sense

I’m not saying you take the money twice. The club charges ppl for a season ticket which when divided by the number of games works out at X amount. The fans go through the turnstile and as it’s computerised they know how many season tickets holders have entered the ground, so they can say exactly how many ST holders have entered. They then add this amount to the paying customers and that gives you the amount that fans have paid, therefore giving you a gate receipt. You have to bear in mind that the club only counts the fans going through the turnstile, so those ST holders that can’t get to the game don’t count, in the attendance. Do you think the club would announce an attendance, which they get taxed on if they’re only in receipt of about 2,500 fans admission fee. 

Do you think the club would announce an attendance, which they get taxed on if they’re only in receipt of about 2,500 fans admission fee. 

Do you think that our tax system is based on what clubs announce as the attendance rather than financial records? So on trust rather than facts?

6 minutes ago, philmpv said:

Do you think that our tax system is based on what clubs announce as the attendance rather than financial records? So on trust rather than facts? emoji16.png

Phil, it might appear that they under count, but they’re never going to over count. This comment is solely based on when the attendance is announced and I look around the ground and think that there’s more than that here. Not so sure this happens with C&K but definitely previous owners.

7 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

Phil, it might appear that they under count, but they’re never going to over count. This comment is solely based on when the attendance is announced and I look around the ground and think that there’s more than that here. Not so sure this happens with C&K but definitely previous owners.

Attendance figures can be the number present or the total tickets sold including non-present STs. Financial aspects would only apply to tickets sold, whereas attendance figures can be used for marketing or prestige purposes. Assuming everyone is truthful.

1 minute ago, Fosse69 said:

Attendance figures can be the number present or the total tickets sold including non-present STs. Financial aspects would only apply to tickets sold, whereas attendance figures can be used for marketing or prestige purposes. Assuming everyone is truthful.

thatll be a first!

I’m not saying you take the money twice. The club charges ppl for a season ticket which when divided by the number of games works out at X amount. The fans go through the turnstile and as it’s computerised they know how many season tickets holders have entered the ground, so they can say exactly how many ST holders have entered. They then add this amount to the paying customers and that gives you the amount that fans have paid, therefore giving you a gate receipt. You have to bear in mind that the club only counts the fans going through the turnstile, so those ST holders that can’t get to the game don’t count, in the attendance. Do you think the club would announce an attendance, which they get taxed on if they’re only in receipt of about 2,500 fans admission fee. 

I’m not saying anything I’m saying a gate of 8000 in fa cup will generate more additional income than the Bradford game, the club have all ready counted the ST money once, they can’t count it twice , I’m on about additional income as a direct result of this draw that will strengthen DC hand in January ( ST will not as this was budgeted way back and accounted for in the playing budget and the players we have all ready signed )

On 07/12/2021 at 11:48, Joe B said:

Clarke will lead us to back-to-back promotions and Carol will flip the club for a nice profit. 

Why??? Delia Smith has been in a similar position at Norwich since...what...early 2000's from being a season ticket holder? There are parallels with Carol and no reason to think Carol would flip the club if it's becoming successful? Delia turned down a large sum from a Norwich businessman because she would have had to relinquish her shares - for Delia the fan, see Carol the fan!

No but my point was only ever about the worth of FA cup game v Brentford to the club financially , and it’s worth more than the Bradford game you mentioned, your Metroid of accounting for ST pro rata per game is not how any club accounts for its finances through the books

9 hours ago, LancyTony said:

Why??? Delia Smith has been in a similar position at Norwich since...what...early 2000's from being a season ticket holder? There are parallels with Carol and no reason to think Carol would flip the club if it's becoming successful? Delia turned down a large sum from a Norwich businessman because she would have had to relinquish her shares - for Delia the fan, see Carol the fan!

To be fair, I’m told Carol’s vegetarian shepherd’s pie isn’t that great though.

10 hours ago, LancyTony said:

Was a facetious comment. Clarke will win 3 promotions.

Carol said in an interview on 5Live (I think) that she wants Vale in the Championship before she retires.

Archived