onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

FA Cup third round draw

robf

1 hour ago, philmpv said:
1 hour ago, Bycarsbill said:
A further thought.....assuming we can get a full house, what is our current capacity limit, and if necessary, are we in a position safety-wise to open up the other side of Lorne Street?

More chance of Carol streaking the full length of the pitch than getting a full house. We'll do well to get 5 figures. That's not me being miserable, just fact. Unfortunately, a lot of Vale fans literally require being dragged screaming and kicking to go to a game. Have no idea why. Just the way they are. Always a reason not to go

I think if our league form is good between now and then we’ll get five figures.  I expect the Bees will pack the away end so the rest is down to us and our results leading up to the fixture.

Advert

You can’t see how fans would be pleased with a premiership team? 
Why do fans think we’re entitled to draw city or United? 
If we’re not getting close to double figures I’d be disappointed. A premiership side at home, when was the last time this happened? Maybe even a chance of an upset as they will probably swap it around. There were literally 50 worse draws than this. 

I’m sure some are pleased, some are not which sums up the draw. It’s meh. I’ve seen us beat Brentford countless times in the last couple of decades and whilst yes it’s a Premiership team it’s still Brentford, club like ours that’s had some investment and pushed on but, great model for us to follow and full credit to them.

It’s still no more attractive than some Championship sides we could have got, Derby or WBA for instance. I don’t see them selling 4500 tickets to pack the away end like some Premiership sides would, and just don’t think it will entice the fans who only come out for the big games (like the extra 2-3000 at Man City).

I hope I’m wrong, Carol and the club deserves a huge crowd and would be great to see Vale Park packed. We don’t have the right to draw a big plum tie your right, it’s the luck of the draw. It could of been better but if we are honest if you could pick the least enticing Premiership side out the hat… Brentford would be that. It is one that to get a big big crowd that needs marketing well ticket price wise.

Brilliant draw all that encouragement v Accrington and Burton by the fans who attended them games and those smashing performances have brought a draw against a vibrant and really good side premier league deserved Brentford to Vale .

I encourage as many folk as possible attend and get behind  the club .

I do not want hear excuses about you thinking it's a crap draw a crap draw is Swindon away with only 400 attending or Hartlepool away with little interest  

This could be the beginning of the rise of PVFC big cup upsets are the catalyst for greatness Brentford would be a fantastic scalp and I do not want hear they have Toney Canos Pinnock etc I want see our boys progress to round 4 and gather more support upon there journey to eventually semi finalists Wycombe did it years ago its 11 v 11 we are at home let's make that home advantage count 

UTV 

More chance of Carol streaking the full length of the pitch than getting a full house. We'll do well to get 5 figures. That's not me being miserable, just fact. Unfortunately, a lot of Vale fans literally require being dragged screaming and kicking to go to a game. Have no idea why. Just the way they are. Always a reason not to go
Or not having the money to go to games regularly?

6 hours ago, valefan16 said:

I’m sure some are pleased, some are not which sums up the draw. It’s meh. I’ve seen us beat Brentford countless times in the last couple of decades and whilst yes it’s a Premiership team it’s still Brentford, club like ours that’s had some investment and pushed on but, great model for us to follow and full credit to them.

It’s still no more attractive than some Championship sides we could have got, Derby or WBA for instance. I don’t see them selling 4500 tickets to pack the away end like some Premiership sides would, and just don’t think it will entice the fans who only come out for the big games (like the extra 2-3000 at Man City).

I hope I’m wrong, Carol and the club deserves a huge crowd and would be great to see Vale Park packed. We don’t have the right to draw a big plum tie your right, it’s the luck of the draw. It could of been better but if we are honest if you could pick the least enticing Premiership side out the hat… Brentford would be that. It is one that to get a big big crowd that needs marketing well ticket price wise.

Doubt they’ll be cutting ticket prices to see a premier league side.

10 hours ago, Bycarsbill said:

Wow, such optimism! Cheer up, we get 6k plus crowds against league two opposition.  Don't underestimate the draw of a Premiership club and the giant-killing pedigree of PV to generate excitement and it's a potential win-win for us all.

It’s not that, it’s just that I think we were one  number away (Morecombe below us away at Spurs) from a draw that could be transformational for the club. I do feel it’s a bit like 1987/88 when all the bits are falling into place and the optimism and finance from a draw like a Spurs would be felt for years. I think another year in this god forsaken League would not be good.

depending on league results around that time, it could easily be a 6000+ gate, of which every sale is bonus money that other clubs aren't getting, plus potential round-winning money and TV. The very least of that is cash for January.

It baffles me to see multiple people on here and on social media talking about a 'packed away end'. Have we got loads of fans who've never seen us play Brentford or something? We've played them a million times over the past 20 years. They bought a respectable 1600 or so on the opening day of 13/14 but apart from that it's regularly 500ish. They've grown as a club since we last played them, but not to the extent where they'll be bringing 4500 up here - especially given they're at Anfield the following week.

Rant about deluded Vale fans aside, I'm warming to the draw. It's a great test for the group and the manager against elite opposition, and in a one-off game there's a slim chance we could cause an upset - especially given they're likely to rest a few of their 'stars' after a busy festive period. It's a free hit and one we should look forward to.

12 hours ago, philmpv said:
12 hours ago, Bycarsbill said:
A further thought.....assuming we can get a full house, what is our current capacity limit, and if necessary, are we in a position safety-wise to open up the other side of Lorne Street?

I still think you're being too pessimistic.  Time will tell.........

3 minutes ago, Santa said:

They could have a two legged EFL cup semi final either side of this game as well. 

It is the season of a lifetime for all of their fans, maybe a sign of the future or a one-off.  Not always easy to get tickets for away games in the Prem, revenge for the defeat in Cardiff,  still on a promotion celebration, etc  Should make 2,000.

11 hours ago, Guitar Ray said:

I think if our league form is good between now and then we’ll get five figures.  I expect the Bees will pack the away end so the rest is down to us and our results leading up to the fixture.

Fair comment, but if we don't get more than 10-12000 againsta Premiership side I will be disappointed.

Archived