onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

FA Cup third round draw

robf

I don’t see why Vale fans can’t be disappointed with it, I’m disappointed it wasn’t the draw we hoped for and arguably the least attractive top flight club we could of got, purely because we were playing them every season almost up until a few seasons back. It’s arguably like drawing Swindon but less winnable in that aspect.

Will I be there? Yes. Will I be buzzing if we beat a Premier League side? Yes.

It is what it is, we’ve had worse ties, it is a good test and one that does pose a potential for an upset being at Vale Park and our form.

If we charge £20 I don’t envisage most casual fans who don’t go unless it’s a big game coming out for it, if we are smart and do a £10-£12 it may see a big crowd which in turn gives more kiosk sales etc

TV will play a part, oddly with this sort of tie TV coverage could kill the attendance a bit. If it’s an established Premier League name then you’d sell big regardless but this one if on terrestrial TV could be a hard sell.

They usually never travelled overly well to Vale Park so I guess with all their new fans who’ve jumped on the Premier League bandwagon may improve that but again assume TV and KO time will dictate that.

Advert

Realistically, had we been drawn away at Liverpool / Man C the way they are playing, we could have been embarrassed at the score. I don't think Brentford will field a full strength team, so, historically, a win against them would show L2 beating Prem (but not a Prem B team). The chance of that happening could be appealing for TV companies? Hull / Everton certainly isn't, and I wouldn't think Newcastle/Cambridge Charlton/Norwich Leicester/Watford Burnley/Huddersfield Millwall/Palace and Swansea/Southampton are likely to be shown as they're fairly low-key games? Coventry v Derby is likely to be a bit more interesting than those? 

I think Brentford have gone where we would like to go - shrewd and profitable transfer dealings and they're not a bad team to watch - and there are many, many worse players than Ivan Toney in that League! 

This could be good for us! 

A further thought.....assuming we can get a full house, what is our current capacity limit, and if necessary, are we in a position safety-wise to open up the other side of Lorne Street?
More chance of Carol streaking the full length of the pitch than getting a full house. We'll do well to get 5 figures. That's not me being miserable, just fact. Unfortunately, a lot of Vale fans literally require being dragged screaming and kicking to go to a game. Have no idea why. Just the way they are. Always a reason not to go

3 minutes ago, valefan16 said:

I don’t see why Vale fans can’t be disappointed with it, I’m disappointed it wasn’t the draw we hoped for and arguably the least attractive top flight club we could of got, purely because we were playing them every season almost up until a few seasons back. It’s arguably like drawing Swindon but less winnable in that aspect.

Will I be there? Yes. Will I be buzzing if we beat a Premier League side? Yes.

It is what it is, we’ve had worse ties, it is a good test and one that does pose a potential for an upset being at Vale Park and our form.

If we charge £20 I don’t envisage most casual fans who don’t go unless it’s a big game coming out for it, if we are smart and do a £10-£12 it may see a big crowd which in turn gives more kiosk sales etc

TV will play a part, oddly with this sort of tie TV coverage could kill the attendance a bit. If it’s an established Premier League name then you’d sell big regardless but this one if on terrestrial TV could be a hard sell.

They usually never travelled overly well to Vale Park so I guess with all their new fans who’ve jumped on the Premier League bandwagon may improve that but again assume TV and KO time will dictate that.

You can’t see how fans would be pleased with a premiership team? 

Why do fans think we’re entitled to draw city or United? 

If we’re not getting close to double figures I’d be disappointed. A premiership side at home, when was the last time this happened? Maybe even a chance of an upset as they will probably swap it around. There were literally 50 worse draws than this. 

I think it's a good draw for us, chance to test ourselves against a Prem side with a chance they may not fancy it. Decent footballing team and set of fans. Quite looking forward to it already

Sent from my I3113 using onevalefan mobile app

I agree, think it’s a great draw! Opportunity of an upset, we are at home! They are a very good outfit…. But so are we.

The shops in Boslem seem to fascinate away fans. They also mention a second hand hoover shop! I remember from somewhere as well (can't remember where) somebody moaning their bag off about a shop with washing powder for sale and on display in the front window!
That was our house, the wife always seemed to have a packet of OMO in the window whenever I was at work..... Lord knows why

2 minutes ago, Loggerheads Sage said:

But there are only 3 ties there?  Loads on tv now. They usually like the underdog at home

Man United must be a given. Basically the Premier equivalent of Salford.  They been on even against likes of Reading at home. TV love them. 

Can't read the mind of a TV producer but taking my Vale glasses off and let's say it was Swindon v Brentford.  Would I like to see that rather than a huge West Ham v Leeds game , nope. 

Really hope I'm wrong,  the money would be beautiful but just my opinion I don't expect it as a TV game . 

Just now, valefan79 said:

Neither would I but they will definitely be on before us.  I think it will be a good thing not been on and hopefully means a much bigger gate.

We'll agree to disagree on this. L2 with a giantkilling history v Prem with potential for an upset is much more palatable than a boring 1 - 0 Millwall/Palace!...in my opinion, of course! 

Archived