onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

FA Cup third round draw

robf

Advert

6 minutes ago, Old fort said:

Yes, could have been much worse and it's good to take the positives, but it doesn't mean that it's not a crap draw, because if we're really honest,  we know it is.

Honestly though we are playing a Premier League side at home with a good chance of an upset. If we were away to them then I would sort of agree, however we are not and we may have got Chesterfield away and then got knocked out. 
we just need to be thankful that it’s a premier league side and not a championship side.

we have to believe we can do it and vale fans will know that we have at least a chance of getting to round 4.

29 minutes ago, ginginator said:

Will be moved I presume as Sjoke are at home also, a home draw, nothing to lose for us

Don't think Stoke have primacy of fixture any more since they 'left' the Prem. It will depend largely on what Messrs. Plod say, what with potentially two lots of London fans pitching up at Stoke station. 

Let's be truthful nobody nearly punched the  lightshade off or hit their head on the ceiling. 

It's what it is. An opportunity to see a Premier league team but I don't think I'm negative in saying I'm gutted for our owners. We deserve a great home cup tie in front of 14'000 plus. 

These fall into the Watford, Brighton category of thanks but no thanks. 

I'd give it a 4/10 but it's not Yeovil, Hartlepool or Swindon away. 

Definitely an outside chance if it's a Brentford reserve ish team. 

After refelecting for half an hour, I think this is a decent draw, regardless of what people think of Brentford, they are a Premier League team and we haven't seen one down at the Vale for over 20 years in the FA Cup, maybe I am wrong on that.

I hope we can get 9000+, be disappointed if we don't, if we get over 7000 against Bradford at 12.00 on a Saturday on TV surely we should be looking at pushing 10k.  With Stoke also at home, not sure what day we will be playing.  

Looking at the draw, there is no chance of this being on, United v Villa, West Ham v Leeds, Millwall v Palace, Hull v Everton, Forest v Arsenal, Swindon v Man City all will be on before ours, maybe one of those Sunday matches where so many on for foreign channels.

Nice for Leggy!

Not a mega draw but an outside chance of being one of the games they follow live on TV rather than showing it (like the Man City game)

Also any disappointment of not drawing a top 6 is countered by the fact we have a proper football club these days where 3rd round appearances shouldn’t be like hens teeth! Plenty more to come!

3 minutes ago, gags 64 said:

I think it's a good draw for us, chance to test ourselves against a Prem side with a chance they may not fancy it. Decent footballing team and set of fans. Quite looking forward to it already

Sent from my I3113 using onevalefan mobile app

Can see them making 7/8  changes so might have an outside chance as for the gate can’t see them bringing any more than 400 so probably looking at around 7000 not really a good draw 

11 minutes ago, Aguar61 said:

Looking forward to seeing Smudge "get to grips" with Ivan Toney...red card one way or the other!

I remember Toney playing against us for Barnsley a few years back. One of those players who liked to fall over a lot and get in the ref’s ear. Not surprised he’s gone a long way. 

Archived