onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Who do you think we will get?

melv

Advert

1 hour ago, sheffield61 said:

I've been thinking Newcastle at home for some reason....Can anyone confirm what the MAX capacity would be for such a plum tie?....

That's a really tricky one to answer as there's loads of contrasting figures.

I tend to trust the Football Ground Guide as I know the former editor there has contacted the club in the past to ask. 

He says the current capacity is 19,052. If the new section of the LS was opened (say for a lucrative cup tie) it would go up to 20,552 (another 1,500)

However, that seems to be standard seats only - it doesn't seem to take into account things like the press area, players' guests (they have a section) and the hospitality boxes.

So, I would say it would be roughly around the 19-20,000 figure.

I tend to trust the Football Ground Guide as I know the former editor there has contacted the club in the past to ask. 
He says the current capacity is 19,052. If the new section of the LS was opened (say for a lucrative cup tie) it would go up to 20,552 (another 1,500)
However, that seems to be standard seats only - it doesn't seem to take into account things like the press area, players' guests (they have a section) and the hospitality boxes.

Isn't the family stand in the Railway corner closed now

44 minutes ago, robf said:

Thanks Rob,

20,000 at home to a top side, Stoke even, be a great atmosphere and payday....😁🤔

Would we pull in 20k for Newcastle?  Certainly for the Manchesters, Liverpool, Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal but the rest?  Newcastle would sell the 4500 away allocation I'd imagine but are they as big a pull as maybe Everton or Villa for floating Vale fans who don't go as much?  It would be a great tie don't get me wrong just not sure it's a full houser?

Difficult to gauge I guess as it's been so long since we had a home FA Cup tie against Premier opposition, got to be Liverpool when we lost 3-0 hasn't it?

1 hour ago, Fosse69 said:
1 hour ago, robf said:

Isn't the family stand in the Railway corner closed now

Yes - that figure takes that into account. 😉

On a previous thread, I can see that the breakdown is Hamil (4,550), Railway Paddock (3,700), Railway stand (3,700), Bycars (3,700), Lorne St current (1,800). That gives a current "regular" seating capacity of 17,450. 

According to the other thread, the capacity of 19,000 includes all the other areas of the stadium (e.g. seating in the accessible stand (corner of LS and Bycars) the press box, the player guest seating, the numerous LS hospitality boxes and vice/presidential seating etc).

If you add in the 1,500 new seats in the Lorne St and it would be over 20,000.  

Hoping for Liverpool, Chelsea, Man Utd or Newcastle.

Expecting Rotherham, Peterborough, Swindon or Huddersfield.

FWIW I don't want to play Stoke until it's in the league. Then everyone will know it's going to happen for months, the preparations won't be rushed and we'd have more parity in terms of standard of playing squad. I fear a one-off in the cup would be something we'd just like to get out of the way rather than actually enjoy.

First preference would be a home tie against say an Everton or Villa type. Guaranteed sellout crowd at home and probably on TV. If away then Chelsea or Arsenal.

I know Stoke will be a popular choice, just hope if it were to happen it’s at their place. Problem either way is the amount of restrictions that will be insisted on this plus early Sunday kick off etc will take away from the occasion.

Archived