Match Thread: Bristol Rovers v Port Vale

Fosse69

Fascinating stat.

I am convinced we have different 'approaches' for different 'sections' of the game - we often start great and then slow down about 20 minutes in. Same happened against Burton.

We know the club is heavily driven by analytics now and maybe there's some word being done to suggest not conceding in the first 15 is vital (probably to do with confidence/not chasing games).

Just now, Iron Curtain said:

Rovers fans like DC don’t they

Job he did there was absolutely incredible. If he does 50% as well here (and he's well on course) he'll be revered for a long time. For a 43yo his CV is outstanding.

I'm really not sure what Covolan did to be dropped, and I'm not really sure what Stone has done to warrant him keeping his place. He didn't do awfully, I guess, but neither has Covolan for a while. 

We now enter the 'who is the number 1' battle which does no one any good ever.

Alas; will trust Dazzler, just find the reasoning lacking. If Covolan had been rubbish or Stone great then fairs, but neither has been the case. Maybe he's excelling in training.

Two CBs, two LBs, and two CMs on the bench. 

Edited by Joe B

2 minutes ago, Joe B said:

I'm really not sure what Covolan did to be dropped, and I'm not really sure what Stone has done to warrant him keeping his place. He didn't do awfully, I guess, but neither has Covolan for a while.

We now enter the 'who is the number 1' battle which does no one any good ever.

Alas; will trust Dazzler, just find the reasoning lacking. If Covolan had been rubbish or Stone great then fairs, but neither has been the case.

Two CBs, two LBs, and two CMs on the bench. 

Maybe Covolan has a slight knock? all guess work

As for the bench,down to the bare bones so not much more he can do there really

20 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

Maybe Covolan has a slight knock? all guess work

As for the bench,down to the bare bones so not much more he can do there really

He didn't say that regarding him starting on Saturday, something to do with 'Aidan deserved to have another game'. 

This is his third start in a row now, and is a league game, so we can assume there has been a shift. I personally don't understand why, and I actually think Lucas has been improving + calming down with games.

However, Clarke is doing a stupendous job so this is the last I'll say on it. I'm biased as I like controversial and flamboyant keepers. Hope Stone does well.

Edited by Joe B

Personally I’m glad stone is being given another go, Clarke and co clearly rate him and he didn’t warrant being dropped (neither did cov) although I never feel assured with him in nets. Probably as strong 11 as we could put out? Although I’m still not convinced with the back 3 of smith Jones and cass. Not enough heigh and cass loses a lot at the back post. Would have liked to see Walker start as well 

Edited by valiant_593