Match Thread: Bristol Rovers v Port Vale

Fosse69

2 hours ago, Hitcher said:

This is interesting. They seem to have garrity down as our key player and a shrewd signing.

Also didnt realise this was DC's first trip back to rovers in front of fans.

Garrity should just never be utilised when we're controlling the ball. His touch is so heavy.

In transitions, whether that's winning the ball back or getting forward, he's very useful. He can win the ball back on halfway and then be the furthest player forward for the cross within the same move.

I think Crosby said he's one of the best 'second ball winners' he's seen - I imagine Garrity showed up analytically really well at Oldham last year. He has a unique toolbox but it's undeniable he's been a good find, especially at 24 with one professional season under his belt. 

Edited by Joe B
  • Like 2

I'd like to keep my match ticket in my pocket for tonight. We're leaving home at 3PM. A nice waterlogged pitch with an early call would be my preferred result today. And as mentioned, an obvious breather for our depleted squad. In the meantime, I'm hoping for my Mow Cop roof to stay in place!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 05/12/2021 at 13:46, mikey said:

I'd like to think that we could win one of our two away games this week and this is probably the best opportunity, but without Amoo and possibly Rodney we are looking very light up front.  Hoping for a win, but would take a draw.

Think I'm with you on this.  It's going to be a tough one, with Mr. Barton riding high after his acquittal yesterday!

Let's not take our eyes off the main prize promotion glad we ain't drawn Man City Away in Cup because would you fly into a tackle if in a months time you would miss the biggest game of your career a chance to showcase your abilities to rich owners etc and get you individually a big pay day I wouldn't so it being Brentford is a blessing .

Big game well team who finished Saturday's game possibly the team I'd choose but overall I'm very happy with the application of all the squad so DC will pick a team to beat Bristol Rovers. 

A big huge 👏 to all the travelling support tonight .

Hope it's a good game will be tuning in watch it on ifollow before work .

Happy with a point a point away a win at home promotion form

UTV 

Do not be surprised if Garrity scores hope he does 

1-1 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, JAMO-IN-MEXICO said:

I'd like to keep my match ticket in my pocket for tonight. We're leaving home at 3PM. A nice waterlogged pitch with an early call would be my preferred result today. And as mentioned, an obvious breather for our depleted squad. In the meantime, I'm hoping for my Mow Cop roof to stay in place!