onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Bristol Rovers v Port Vale

Fosse69

3 hours ago, Walka003 said:
4 hours ago, werstayinup said:
Garrity played up front last night and i would assume he will play there on Saturday and after 2 goals maybe we have unearthed a new striker from a different position,it has happened before,now that would be fantastic

He was central to everything that was good about us last night. Led the press, scored the goals, never gave their defence a seconds peace.

With his engine he’s at least going to get on whipped in crosses and cause all sorts of mayhem in there, so we need to have width and overlapping to make use of him. He’ll chase down as well which is half the battle. 

Advert

3 hours ago, Breadwinner said:

Just watched the highlights .

Lucky not go one behind a free header for there lad there .

It was noticeable how good Conlon was set up both goals and was the player involved in there first sending off .

I think Rodney does a lot of unnoticed work he actually moves players about so that the midfield men can get in there .

We were caught offside 8odd  times last night we need work on that thats poor .

Think come seasons end thars a vital 3 points yes they made hard work of it but when you in the ascendancy and you have to take off forward thinking players and replace them with Defensive minded players the second half was possibly always going be like plus the fact Bristol Rovers have excellent support also no idea how many were there last night but there well supported and always felt that out of them and Newport there the harder game so to get 3 points is fantastic  especially when you consider who's out .

3rd in the league Brentford in the cup at home its a great time to be watching the Vale .

Think they said 6071 over the tannoy. An odd ground but it looked a lot more full than the attendance suggested

I watched DCs post-match interview on Youtube, last night. There were half a dozen or so comments from "Gasheads" - all in praise of DC, and some complimentary to us, wishing us well and saying we're a "proper club"! But it's evident that Bristol's fans would take DC back in a shot - he must be a real bastard! haha

9 hours ago, Biddulph_PV said:

Ever likely the Gas Heads gave DC a warm welcome when they have to listen to this sort of drivel after games….

Got to agree with him about the diving and play acting in the game and the referees not having a clue and he’s also bang on with his comments about grealish 

8 hours ago, toyahw said:

You couldn't really see it on ifollow. But I very much doubt Conlon was play acting.  Looked like he got a black eye taking an elbow or something. Vale players weren't crowding the ref or anything. Liner gave it.  

There's an alternative angle here. 

It's tricky to see but it looks like Conlon treads on his foot (could be deliberate, could be accidental) and Finley appears to react by attempting a headbutt and then looks to be swinging his arm (just before the camera pans away).

Even if Conlon did provoke a reaction first (which is debatable and maybe a yellow at most) it looks a clear red to me - it's essentially two serious foul play offences in the space of seconds. 

These are Barton's words on the incident (and presumably same video clip) which are clearly nonsense. 

"You can just see it from the angle that it’s at, there’s a coming together in the build-up to the throw-in. I think he stands on Sam’s toe or something like that and it just plays out. (yes, he does well at least that's one thing you've got right Joey)

"Sam then runs alongside him, they go shoulder to shoulder and the lad dives on the floor and makes out like he’s been headbutted. (in reality 1. Conlon doesn't react to the headbutt he reacts to the arm afterwards 2. If you move your head towards someone's face, which Finley does, then the intent is enough for the officials regardless of contact)

"The linesman is the backside of it. Sam has his back to the linesman. (in reality both players are face on to the assistant referee who has an clear, unobstructed view)

He’s then called the ref over and says he’s headbutted him and he’s dismissed for violent conduct. (and as he is seen moving his head towards Conlon's face, your point Joey is?)

"Yes, 100 per cent," Barton replied when asked about appealing. "I’ll be showing the officials the other angles because I don’t think the linesman has got the best angle of it. (ignoring the fact the assistant ref had an unobscured view from close by)

7 hours ago, robf said:

There's an alternative angle here. 

It's tricky to see but it looks like Conlon treads on his foot (could be deliberate, could be accidental) and Finley appears to react by attempting a headbutt and then looks to be swinging his arm (just before the camera pans away).

Even if Conlon did provoke a reaction first (which is debatable and maybe a yellow at most) it looks a clear red to me - it's essentially two serious foul play offences in the space of seconds. 

In my view the first contact is when their guy treads down on Conlons heel, to which TC reacts by stamping on the foot of the opponent and it goes on from there.

Archived