onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Bristol Rovers v Port Vale

Fosse69

6 minutes ago, robf said:

@HitcherI think they could have been right! 😉

He's kind of a bit of a Sam Foley type player and we often miss that isnt he, box to box engine with a knack of arriving at the right time.

He is on track for 12-15 goals this season which when you account we all raved about Conlon getting 10 last season which included set pieces.

If your playing away from home or against a footballing side at home he should be first on the team sheet, the only question is against poorer sides at home.

After Walsall i loved that interview where he was about crying, showed how much he cared... hard not to get behind the lad and really showing his worth to us.

Advert

8 hours ago, matmat said:

He didn't say any of that. He said he was told at the weekend that he would be playing up front vs Bristol Rovers, which he did. It's nothing to do with if Rodney will be fit for the weekend, hopefully we can go with a front 3 again of Politic, Garrity & Rodney.

I thought I heard “he told me midweek, look you’re going to go up front on the weekend.” Rovers obviously wasn’t on the weekend. He must have meant last week before Burton. 

17 hours ago, Walka003 said:

We're in for a rough ride till January now. Hopeless in the second half till the sending off.

Ben Garrity's fan club officially has a new member, dragged us through that second half then.

Garrity played up front last night and i would assume he will play there on Saturday and after 2 goals maybe we have unearthed a new striker from a different position,it has happened before,now that would be fantastic

5 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

Garrity played up front last night and i would assume he will play there on Saturday and after 2 goals maybe we have unearthed a new striker from a different position,it has happened before,now that would be fantastic

Best thing about us and garrity last night especially first half was the pressing. Could be a big plus having garrity chasing everything and giving the opposition no time on the ball. 

He was central to everything that was good about us last night. Led the press, scored the goals, never gave their defence a seconds peace.

6 hours ago, valefan16 said:

He's kind of a bit of a Sam Foley type player and we often miss that isnt he, box to box engine with a knack of arriving at the right time.

He is on track for 12-15 goals this season which when you account we all raved about Conlon getting 10 last season which included set pieces.

If your playing away from home or against a footballing side at home he should be first on the team sheet, the only question is against poorer sides at home.

After Walsall i loved that interview where he was about crying, showed how much he cared... hard not to get behind the lad and really showing his worth to us.

I like Garrity but I think Foley was a different player imo. Foley had much more quality, both have good work ethic, and I think Garrity is a far more ratty player than Foley (which can be and is useful, as it was last night).

Garrity isn’t high on quality but I think he’s a very useful player for us in games such as this. Been a good signing imo.

Just watched the highlights .

Lucky not go one behind a free header for there lad there .

It was noticeable how good Conlon was set up both goals and was the player involved in there first sending off .

I think Rodney does a lot of unnoticed work he actually moves players about so that the midfield men can get in there .

We were caught offside 8odd  times last night we need work on that thats poor .

Think come seasons end thars a vital 3 points yes they made hard work of it but when you in the ascendancy and you have to take off forward thinking players and replace them with Defensive minded players the second half was possibly always going be like plus the fact Bristol Rovers have excellent support also no idea how many were there last night but there well supported and always felt that out of them and Newport there the harder game so to get 3 points is fantastic  especially when you consider who's out .

3rd in the league Brentford in the cup at home its a great time to be watching the Vale .

1 hour ago, Breadwinner said:

Just watched the highlights .

Lucky not go one behind a free header for there lad there .

It was noticeable how good Conlon was set up both goals and was the player involved in there first sending off .

I think Rodney does a lot of unnoticed work he actually moves players about so that the midfield men can get in there .

We were caught offside 8odd  times last night we need work on that thats poor .

Think come seasons end thars a vital 3 points yes they made hard work of it but when you in the ascendancy and you have to take off forward thinking players and replace them with Defensive minded players the second half was possibly always going be like plus the fact Bristol Rovers have excellent support also no idea how many were there last night but there well supported and always felt that out of them and Newport there the harder game so to get 3 points is fantastic  especially when you consider who's out .

3rd in the league Brentford in the cup at home its a great time to be watching the Vale .

Yes great chance that was but politic had a great chance also when it was 11v11

31 minutes ago, Packmoor_vale said:

Yes great chance that was but politic had a great chance also when it was 11v11

You’re right Politics  was a great chance, but it’s funny how people love to focus on what the opposition should have done instead of us. 

22 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

You’re right Politics  was a great chance, but it’s funny how people love to focus on what the opposition should have done instead of us. 

Is that a dig at me if so I usually concentrate on what we do well not what we do poorly or else I'd be going on about the 10 to 15 minutes after the  goal for Burton where at times it looked like they were going score a second Jones fantastic block on to the bar etc and our side jangling somewhat .

Politics was a good chance but a header 5 yards out with no challenge was poor .

Just say what I see .

Archived