onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Bristol Rovers v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

Great first half. Pity about the poor second but it's hardly surprising. Our most creative player in Worrall gets subbed. Then our only actual striker gets subbed, Walker comes on and Conlon moves out to the right wing. All over the place, and we struggled as a result. I don't like Walker. He's waaaaaayyyyy too negative for me. Always looks backwards. That didn't help our loss of attacking impetus in the second half. Garrity won us that game, it's that simple. Physios earning his money at the moment. Another win, back up to third. Happy days. UTV

Made hard work of that think we struggled having no focal point after devante went off as players playing out of position but still could of controlled it a bit better either way good 3 points doesnt matter how you get them they all count the same. 

team sheet is going to be interesting on Saturday 

really dont like aaron martin he is a disaster waiting to happen

I really don't think that we clung on. 

We were poor 2nd half, but at no point was our goal under any threat bar that tame flick that was trickling wide at about 1mph. Nothing else.

We failed to keep the ball but Stone has had the most boring evening a keeper's ever had. 

They sprinted about and were pumped up but had zero quality and, despite the disappointment that we didn't continue in the manner we finished the first half, it wasn't like we were throwing bodies on the line and Stone was keeping us alive. We just let them have the ball a lot and watched them do practically zero with it.

1 minute ago, philmpv said:

I don't like Walker. He's waaaaaayyyyy too negative for me. Always looks backwards. That didn't help our loss of attacking impetus in the second half. 

Really? Walker consistently plays quality through balls. He played in Politic to kill it mid second half but the keeper saw it and sprinted out, the defenders certainly didn't. He does that quite a lot?

Agree about Garrity though. 

Just now, Joe B said:

I really don't think that we clung on. 

We were poor 2nd half, but at no point was our goal under any threat bar that tame flick that was trickling wide at about 1mph. Nothing else.

We failed to keep the ball but Stone has had the most boring evening a keeper's ever had. 

They sprinted about and were pumped up but had zero quality and, despite the disappointment that we didn't continue in the manner we finished the first half, it wasn't like we were throwing bodies on the line and Stone was keeping us alive. We just led them have the ball a lot and watched them do practically zero with it.

I thought that mate 

That’ll do… dogs of war.

I would have been happy with 2 points from two away games at Rovers and Newport. 

Whatever happens on Saturday we are a point up on that!

5 games until the Jan window is open.

Scrap, fight, rat, whatever it takes… just get to Jan and still be in touching distance.

I’d take a point now from Newport, that will be a long 90 minutes. I suppose we’ll have to line up something like:

Stone

Cass-Smith-Legge

Gibbo-Pett-Conlon-Walker-Jones

Burgess-Garrity

(Assuming Worrall, Rodney and Politic are all crocked).

Jeepers.

Great result tonight in the circumstances.

2 minutes ago, boslemportvale91 said:

Dirty team managed by a scumbag manager. Justice done 

Well done vale 👏 I'm sure I've got my gold total 90s boots in the house somewhere if they need a striker 

Wonder where my Patrick Kenny Dalgliesh boots are,£12.99 from Power Sports,tower square Tunstall are...anc league hot shot Sunday morning at Hanley Park..... probably swapped them for a Fall l.p.

Archived