Cricket - the Ashes 2021

robf

Saw the second session to tea and England bowled and competed well, commentators said Harris had played and missed 20 times by the time he was in the low 70's, he certainly led a charmed life against Wood when I watched.

Reports are saying the Aussie bowlers were unplayable when England started their 2nd innings, can only hope for a big partnership  or two to give the England bowlers something to bowl against but I fear it will all be over by lunch.

Edited by Paul6754

Bowled fantastic I though. Anderson was brilliant as was Wood who deserved more wickets (seems to be a running theme with Wood). Robinson also good, leach was poor but his figures weren’t too bad in the end. The bowlers gave us half a chance and then we come out and play like that. Some decent balls in there yes, but this is the pinnacle of test cricket, we have to be able to learn what to play and what to leave. Root needs at least 150 tomorrow for us to get anything around 250, would be nice to see Stokes play some shots and play his natural game. Think we will probably be all out around the 140 mark and then lose the test in 3 days which is just embarrassing 

4 hours ago, Paul6754 said:

It's really bad this tour but the sad reality is it's a common theme when the England cricket team are in Australia for an Ashes series.

It isn't just Australia,they just can't hack it away from home.

In their last 29 games away to India,Australia and New Zealand they've managed to win one and lose 21.

• Like 1

68 all out is embarrassing but unsurprising. What's worse is that with two full innings they couldn't make 267. England's test batting seems to crumble under the merest pressure.

The only way this won't be 5-0 is if the Aussies start to blood new players. And even then I'm not very hopeful.

Edited by VantaaVale

1 hour ago, VantaaVale said:

68 all out is embarrassing but unsurprising. What's worse is that with two full innings they couldn't make 267. England's test batting seems to crumble under the merest pressure.

The only way this won't be 5-0 is if the Aussies start to blood new players. And even then I'm not very hopeful.

I've heard the Aussies are promoting 3 day Ashes test matches after recent results?

3 hours ago, VantaaVale said:

They 'blooded' Boland in the last Test and he only took 6wkts for 7 runs in the second innings--good job they didn't have first choices like Hazelwood available!!!!!

What is it with English fast bowlers and their fitness. What's happened to Jofra Archer and Olly Stone, also Mark Wood was supposedly not fit for the 2nd test. A bowling attack containing Archer, Stone ,Wood and Anderson or Robinson would have  posed a real threat and then perhaps our brittle batsmen may even have stirred themselves for a fight......but then again.