onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Cricket - the Ashes 2021

robf

Advert

Australians said they would have batted first if they'd won the toss so wicket and conditions couldn't have appeared that bad but must admit given the fragility of the England batsmen I would have put them in.

Some good Aussie bowling, pitch did a bit, some poor batting.....same old song. Can it rain for the next 4 days.

14 minutes ago, billybone54 said:

Quite pleased in a way with 147, went to bed at 11-3, had visions of us all out for 40 odd.

Shows how poor we are that 😂

I worry for us here, around the 30 over mark it looked very nice for batting and butler made it look extremely easy. Think if we could have got 250 we would be ok but I can see a lead of probably 150 ish for them and then us struggling again 2nd innings 

19 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Said it numerous times but jack leach should be nowhere near international cricket. Going at what 10 an over, woeful, thought we bowled well other than him, especially Robinson and wood with not much reward. Got no chance though when you spinner is going for 2 boundaries an over!!! 

@valiant_593 we keep agreeing on England cricket! I have to agree with you again. Neither is Bess for that matter.

I dislike Nathan Lyon as a person but the difference in class is huge. Lyon's nine overs went 0-21, Leach's first nine went 1-70.

4 minutes ago, robf said:

@valiant_593 we keep agreeing on England cricket! I have to agree with you again. Neither is Bess for that matter.

I dislike Nathan Lyon as a person but the difference in class is huge. Lyon's nine overs went 0-21, Leach's first nine went 1-70.

Yep huge difference. Just makes our team selection even more baffling. Great seamers wicket and we pick leach. Broad / anderson would have been perfect for that wicket. Agree, Bess isn’t good enough either. I would have been tempted stick Livingstone in there, he’s a better spinner and can bat

35 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Yep huge difference. Just makes our team selection even more baffling. Great seamers wicket and we pick leach. Broad / anderson would have been perfect for that wicket. Agree, Bess isn’t good enough either. I would have been tempted stick Livingstone in there, he’s a better spinner and can bat

Agreed again. I'm amazed Livingstone isn't in the middle order for his batting alone. I think he's the type who won't be cowed by the Aussies and his FC ave is better than many of those in there. It's weird, just because he's good at one day he seems to be forgotten for the longer form, but it is possible to be good at Test AND limited over cricket. And yes, his spin, alongside that of Root, would be an advantage too. 

Same with Broad/Anderson - their obvious qualities aside, again they are characters who won't be cowed and would have come out swinging. 

On 02/12/2021 at 07:16, darren1810 said:

Can't see anything but a 5-0 hiding. Our batting is so brittle. Regularly collapse from 128-1 to 165-6 , happening far too often. Nobody seems to be able to occupy the crease any more.  

Glen Mcgrath prepare yourself to be correct again with your prediction unless the weather intervenes .

As I was saying  .

Simply dreadful performance from the majority.  Obviously some exceptions.

The 3rd quickest Ashes century to rub further salt into the wounds.

Catastrophic.  

I`ve just seen the no ball that Stokes bowled to Warner that bowled him but got called afterwards when checked. Mohammed Amir went to jail for less. Apparently the system was broken and only wickets were checked, only one no ball out of 14 was called by the onfield umpire which suggests he should be sacked. 

One of my pet hates in cricket is how the players train in the nets. Majority of times bowlers just bowl and don’t focus on being behind the line. When I’ve faced / been with over seas players they just bowl literally where they want sometimes a few foot over the line. They don’t see it as important. 

Then you see all of these potential no balls and that one in particular by stokes where he is way over, surely they should train with their proper run up and bowl consistently behind the line 

Archived