onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: FAC R2 Burton Albion v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

6 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

Rodney's performance today could be that he is now getting fitter with games and we are soon to see the Rodders of last season which can only be a good thing for him,us and the club

Great hold up play for both goals today. He isn't showing much in the box but was vital in the win. Needs a lot of praise. 

Chuffed to bits with this win! What a squad we have no matter who comes in they all seem to contribute. No more journey men and bench warmers a top squad well done the lads and the management team. So happy we have a bit extra cash let’s hope we can get a favourable draw in the next round.

Wow what a terrific afternoon had at  the pirelli .

The Vale were warriors throwing themselves at the ball to stay in the game then hitting them with the old one two deserved aswell as game went on.

Driving back weather horrendous but over the moon 

ROUND 3 here we come 

DELIGHTED .

Dennis Politic you legend .

Wembley Wembley were the famous Port Vale and we going to Wembley .

Well done DC and the support today was outstanding but the plaudits go to the players for sure .

Tremendous 

Great result and the right one for me, we started well and dominated the opening 20 without really threatening and their goal came against the run.

Felt we had a big wobble and had to dig deep for 15 then got back on top just before half time. Stone wall penalty not given and Amoo should do better with his chance.

Second half we were excellent and rarely threatened by Burton, their number 21 will be waking up tonight having nightmares about Smudge! Probably expects to roll over and see his face glaring at him! Ended up in the hoardings a few times!

Chances came and went and felt like it wasn’t going to be our day but Dennis of the bench is unplayable usually, good finish although seeing it back probably doesn’t go past the keeper without the deflection but the winner was great quality, he seems to have composure well above this level with the way he takes it like he did against Barrow.

Once that happened we were never going to blow that, Burton lacked any real threat and if you asked which team has no strikers to a neutral they’d probably say Burton.

Nuts in the away end for the goals and all in all an enjoyable afternoon, bad news with Amoo, that is a blow and crazy at the moment. Need to maybe go with one up top and Wozza and Politic either side I guess.

If they are tenth in league one and Rotherham are top based on the past few days we have nothing to fear if we can just get out this league

1 hour ago, wootter said:

Why are some people criticising Rodney 

wgat a pass fir winning no goal

Of that pass had been by a player in the top six of the EPL we’d be having it rammed down our throats until at least the next round. Well done Devante, brilliant control,vision and perfectly weighted pass. 

46 minutes ago, bycars rob said:

We deserve a good draw now- one of the big boys or someone crap who we should beat like Stoke for example.

I wouldn't fancy Stockport, if they get through - odds are Whitfield and Quigley would score against us!!! Norwich home/away would suit, but i like the idea of that easy draw (if there is one) to pick up the £80k prize money, then a plum draw the round after!! 

Watching the FACup highlights on BBC4, I only just realised it was Round 1 only...which I realised when we beat Accy 5-1...again!! haha!!!

1 minute ago, LancyTony said:

I wouldn't fancy Stockport, if they get through - odds are Whitfield and Quigley would score against us!!! Norwich home/away would suit, but i like the idea of that easy draw (if there is one) to pick up the £80k prize money, then a plum draw the round after!!

Didn’t realise there was 80k prize money on it.

As you say, winnable game then plum tie 4th round.

9 minutes ago, LancyTony said:

Stockport are out. Someone like Norwich is exactly who I wouldn’t want. Either an easy tie at home (if they’re are any) or a big side home or away. Norwich or any championship clubs would be a poor draw 

4 minutes ago, LancyTony said:

Stockport went out 1-0 last night against Rotherham  youth 

Archived