Match Thread: FAC R2 Burton Albion v Port Vale

Fosse69

'Port Vale fans are always a pain in the arse. Can never behave themselves in the away end and are the only side who can never fit in there if the allocation is either sold out or close to it. Yet every other side, no problem..'
He is correct to be fair. The first time we played there (1-0 defeat IIRC) we spilled out of the front of the stand and they had to move about 100 of us into the side stand terrace, moving home supporters to accomodate us. 
No surprise we struggle to understand how to act when we're at capacity, when we're used to having 4 seats each at home matches.
I blame too much bass and pedigree.

23 hours ago, philmpv said:

Bit of a long shot but does anybody know whether our game has been chosen for international broadcast and, if so, the countries and channels that it will be on? Ta

I was hoping for something similar. I'm working my 1 Saturday in 6 until 2pm so can't get.  If we'd sold the away allocation they might have put it on ifollow like Sutton?  But doesn't look like we'll quite manage it.  Otherwise hoping for some dodgy foreign channel online lol

Edited by Shropshire_Valiant

Just brought a ticket managed get a seat one via phone call as tickets go off sale at 14.00 this afternoon 1500 following tomorrow not bad but totally understand why folk ain't going .

There's a few seat ones left if anyone like me is last minute deciding go .

Cannot wait to see a great performance at Burton for a change .

Third time lucky one hopes 

UTV 

Edited by Breadwinner
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Hoppers said:

Surprised we Anna sold out but we should have a bit of space behind the nets at least 🥅

If Anna is offering space between the nets she’s a keeper, in more ways than one.

• Haha 1

Had enough of this shift at work roll on 10 and half hrs time .

Amazing me how many folk want go the game the day before ,folk asking if theres any tickets ,yes there was about 350 more but I believe they send them back to Burton at 2 A.m yesterday afternoon. 

Do not quote but I do not think theres pay on the day there should be people change there minds on the  day of the game .

It's our cup final make no mistake about it  

So the fans today get behind them I will apologise now I never shut up and I'm in the seats so if you hear  gooooarrrmnnn son to every player that's me .

Enjoy the game not bothered who's selected do the business 

UTV

Edited by Breadwinner
  • Like 3

Good luck to the lads today, a good result could bring the kind of cup draw to change Vales future dramatically, even if it's not one of the big 5/6/7 it could be a chance to progress and further glory and riches ahead.
Defeat will not be the end of the World and would obviously clear the path for the old "well at least we can now concentrate on the League "
A tough game in prospect and I think one goal either way could settle it.
If it's us I really hope Rodders can bag it, he needs a goal badly, for his sake and ours.
UTV

• Like 2

I think the one ticket per season ticket holder may have impacted the following, I can understand the logic me and the lad were going to go but only i have a season ticket and didnt want to get one for myself and then risk not being able to get one for my lad so did not bother at all

• Like 3

I think the one ticket per season ticket holder may have impacted the following, I can understand the logic me and the lad were going to go but only i have a season ticket and didnt want to get one for myself and then risk not being able to get one for my lad so did not bother at all
Sorry to hear that. If anybody wants an away ticket in future when it's 1 per ST holder, feel free to PM me, as am happy for you to use mine. Don't go away at all, so it's wasted otherwise
  • Like 3